H&K Sear C Ray Systems Pasadena, TX.

Bwanalewis

IIRC ….. C RAY was a SOT / Manufacturer back in the 70’s and 80’s …based out of Pasadena TX …. Just east of Houston ….. converted several semi to Select Fire …..

if you edit your title to >>>.         anyone know SOT C Ray Systems out of Pasadena TX

Helps guys that may know C Ray …… the HK sear part is … irrelevant……

better titles get better answers.

• Like 1

Honestly in 20+ years of being around machineguns and collecting HK machineguns and HK Sears, I have never seen or heard of a "C-Ray Systems" HK conversion sear.

I have seen a handful of C-Ray M16 pattern Drop in Auto Sears and other Misc conversion gun but never an HK Sear.   The very first thought that popped into my head was somebody changed a CRAY DIAS or HK RR MG into an HK conversion sear.

That said I fully acknowledge there are lots of one offs out there, but I would be really interested to see what an C-RAY HK conversion sear looked like and what the paperwork says as the model, serial, caliber, and dimensions.

If you could provide some more info and/or pics it would be really helpful/interesting.

Ray Amason was an SOT/Manufacture for years out of Pasadena.  He built or converted just about everything,  M16's, DIAS, AUG's, HK's, suppressors, etc. I think he even did M60's.  He passed unexpectedly about 10-12(?) years ago.  Everything I ever saw or he worked on for me was always very good.  He could even replace MP5 barrels.  Did 4-5 barrels for a friend with a heavy trigger finger.  His gun was one Ray converted.

I bought my first MG, RDIAS, from him back in 1993. He also did some threading for me. He had a few one offs of just about every type of conversion there was for C3 weapons.

Always helpful to me and remembered him always being at the Pasadena gun show.

May he rest in piece.

Edited by Mongo

My registered receiver Sendra M16 was actually converted by C. Ray Systems way back when. I switched out the grip when it first got approved and his name is engraved on the inside after you remove the grip. I bought it from an older gentlemen in Deer Park, Texas who was also an FFL/SOT years ago. I still have the original Form that was used to register/convert the weapon back in 1982..if I’m not mistaken.