WTS HK SP89 SBR

azsugarbear

Brand new to this site and brand new to all things HK.  I have several NFA items that I need to liquidate.  One of them is a HK SP89 that I would rate in near mint condition.   It  was manufactured in 1990 (date code KA).  BATFE paperwork does not indicate who did the SBR conversion.  Everything appears to be genuine german parts with the exception of the stock, which was made by Choate.  I have confirmed that the SP89 has a full auto bolt.  The exterior finish is in near pristine condition.  The SP89 is already with my Class 3 Dealer and is ready to transfer on either a Form 3 or 4.  From my recent dealings on a gun auction site, I have come to understand that the NFA crowd is a skeptical one.  If you are interested in the SP89, then send me PM.  I will respond with my mobile number so that we can talk.  I am confident I will be able to give you all the confidence you need to move forward.  If we can come to terms, you will be given the name and contact info of my Class 3 dealer so that you can verify the SP89 is as described, in his possession and is ready to transfer.  Only after you are completely sure of the transaction will payment be expected. Asking $6,500.

Could you post up some additional information for any potential buyer, such as:

Flapper mag release?

Stock barrel or was it replaced with a 3 lug?

Is it a welded carrier or replaced with a German or US F/A carrier?

Since it is a conversion gun (to SBR) the MFGR who did the conversion is stamped somewhere on the gun?

Near mint, does tat mean it has claw marks or what is the flaw, if any?

Just a couple of Questions that pretty much anyone that is interested will have.

Dscheid,

Thanks for posting those questions.  This HK stuff is new to me, so I have no idea what a potential buyer is looking for.  I have learned just enough to be 'dangerous". LOL   Everything appears to be pretty much stock.  The barrel is not a 3 lug.  There is no paddle release.  It has not been remarked - still says HK  SP89.  The gun tech who works at the Class 3 dealer says does have a full auto bolt.  Regarding the conversion:  I'm not sure who did it.  Paperwork doesn't say.  No stamping on gun that I could see.  Is there a 'standard' place on the receiver where these things are stamped?  I have some pics, but couldn't figure out how to download them.

It looks like a stock SP89 with a FA bolt group. Stock barrel from what I can see, and looks like it had a scope mount on it at some point.

Not remarked MP5K, 0-1 SP89 Steel lower housing and no paddle release or Tri-Lug.

Edited by jimgraham

2 hours ago, azsugarbear said:

Dscheid,

Thanks for posting those questions.  This HK stuff is new to me, so I have no idea what a potential buyer is looking for.  I have learned just enough to be 'dangerous". LOL   Everything appears to be pretty much stock.  The barrel is not a 3 lug.  There is no paddle release.  It has not been remarked - still says HK  SP89.  The gun tech who works at the Class 3 dealer says does have a full auto bolt.  Regarding the conversion:  I'm not sure who did it.  Paperwork doesn't say.  No stamping on gun that I could see.  Is there a 'standard' place on the receiver where these things are stamped?  I have some pics, but couldn't figure out how to download them.

The paperwork would have to say who made it. Do you have the form? Section 4.a will have the maker. What does the form have in that location? 

The paperwork is irrelevant.  Just sell it as an SP89 pistol (which it is) and sell the stock separately to whomever.  Fast transaction, no hassle, bigger market, especially since no one's marked it.    I would never buy an SBR SP89, since the first thing that comes off to get the sear out is the stock......and then it's no longer an SBR. 

First of all, let me say thanks to all you guys who have helped me get up to speed on this.  I should have come here first!  Now that I know where to look on the SP89 for the name of the company that did the conversion - I will drive down to my Class 3 dealer first thing tomorrow morning.  Hopefully, I will be able to post my results tomorrow afternoon.  I will also try to tackle the problem of posting pics.  I have many, but haven't yet figured out how to do it on this site.

Edited by azsugarbear