Anyone use pay.gov for thier sot renewal

JECIII

Yes I did last year when I first got my FFL, and this year on June 11th.

Only issue was the system not taking a “#” sign for my mailing address box. 

On a side note, damn, cutting it a bit close on that sot renewal lol. While your legally covered with the receipt if you had any posties, it still may take them 1-2 weeks to update and process your 2023 SOT on eForms and likely another week or two before it gets mailed out.

With regards-Mathew

I was thinking the same thing. They can charge you instantly but take over a month to send you your “receipt” all the while you are unsure if you’ll be good or not to conduct business. 

“I’m from the Gov’t and I’m here to help you”

They claim it was mailed out the next day..... we will see just the stupid customer service person insisted unless I had it in my hand by July 1 I wasn't valid and had to torch my posties.  I was like wtf but still had to call the attorney and verify and my ioi officer it's paid before July 1 I'm fine.   Even though I knew she was full of it.   So 85 bucks and 2hrs wasted of my time not too bad in the scheme of things in the nfa world 9-). I did get a follow up email that they would be addressing the misinformation.  My ioi is a stand up guy and definitely made a call. 

Still haven’t got mine yet. Sure hope it comes in soon so I can get back to business. It’s annoying they were paid over a month ago and still nothing. Not to mention the money was gone instantaneous vs waiting on the mail and a check to clear. 

Mine too was paid May 25, approved June 16 and I requested another copy be mailed to me as the email stated I should have received it within 2 weeks.  Agreed-fast to email response....not holding breath on when I'll see the paper copy.....which is bull$shit as I have people wanting to order product.  Thanks to Gov't efficeny they have to wait and hopefully don't go somewhere else thanks to this crap!

I'm failing to see why they cant email a copy since they want you to do everything else online.  Email then let us print it off.

Edited by Got Uzi

I contacted BATF today and received this response.  Hope it helps all.

We have had reports that there is an issue with SOT stamps being delayed in the mailing process that may result in them arriving later than expected.  Please remember that if your SOT renewal has been processed by ATF then your SOT is valid and you can continue to do business even without the hard copy in hand. We do apologize for the delay and for that fact that system limitations preclude us from providing electronic copies or Letters of Authorization (LOAs). We are working diligently to straighten out the mailing issue and will have it rectified as soon as possible.

The email responses I'm getting are a complete joke.....

"We have had reports that there is an issue with SOT stamps being delayed in the mailing process that may result in them arriving later than expected.  Please remember that if your SOT renewal has been processed by ATF then your SOT is valid and you can continue to do business even without the hard copy in hand. We do apologize for the delay and for that fact that system limitations preclude us from providing electronic copies or Letters of Authorization (LOAs). We are working diligently to straighten out the mailing issue and will have it rectified as soon as possible."

"Typically allow up to 14 days and account for the holiday, USPS may have a more accurate estimate for their mailing process."

My last email I sent them: By your calulations then, mailed June 16 and up to two weeks for it to arrive means it should have arrived June 30, ahead of the July 4 holiday weekend.  I'm not trying to be difficuylt, I just want to be able to continue to conduct business as usual in this trying market.  Being a small upstart dealer things are hard enough fighting the big stores for inventory, let alone issues like this which tie my hands even more.

I'm so over the amount of dumb $hit these days.  I swear the deck is stacked against the little guy anymore given the supply chain issues and things like this.

The last response I got, I'm not wasting my time trying to email this person back.  Lipsey's and Davidson's have to have a copy of the actual SOT, not a copy of the email saying its good.

"No I understand there’s been a delay in the mailing process so typically 14 days is what we say to allow, but it could take longer. We are just providing an estimate, we just place them in the mail the next business day and USPS handles form there. You can still engage in business In the meantime, you can print this out as proof you have had your stamp issued on our end."

On 7/6/2022 at 11:01 AM, davester said:

I contacted BATF today and received this response.  Hope it helps all.

We have had reports that there is an issue with SOT stamps being delayed in the mailing process that may result in them arriving later than expected.  Please remember that if your SOT renewal has been processed by ATF then your SOT is valid and you can continue to do business even without the hard copy in hand. We do apologize for the delay and for that fact that system limitations preclude us from providing electronic copies or Letters of Authorization (LOAs). We are working diligently to straighten out the mailing issue and will have it rectified as soon as possible.

"System limitations" is government-speak for CYA.  Lazy bums. I did my online renewal in late May, just arrived in the mail last week.