Direct blow back 9mm suppressor

Thunder Beast Arms Fly 9. Has a booster but can be replaced with a fixed barrel spacer. They are modular to make make a shorter configuration. Check them out on their website. I have a half dozen coming in this weekend that I ordered at shot show.

Thanks, TGW

• 1 month later...

I know this is an older thread, but I use a Form 1 can that would not pass a copyright infringement lawsuit for a second that is a copy of an Octane 9 HD (sorry silencerco). The materials are improved quite a bit and I would say it is likely .308 rated in construction the baffle design is identical (and interchangeable). I run a tri lug on my DDLES colt pattern SBR with a TROS 5” barrel. There are two configurations of buffer - one is a heavy stainless buffer with a stock spring which is very reliable in all conditions with all ammo and the other is a super heavy buffer made of tungsten copper with an XP spring. The last config has been should next to a few MP5s and a few dozen 300 blackouts and it is quiet - like people awkwardly looking a their guns and ammo prices wondering why they spent so much. I think in the 9mm blowback world, the can matters, but the buffer is what matters the most. That right balance of just as much weight as you can get away with and nothing more. Also shimming up the spring so the bolt clears the stop but not far enough to get a running start at it. I would have to check my records but that SBR probably has 30,000 rounds in that setup and I have never broken a part. Shoot me a PM if you like and I will see about getting you some pictures if you are still trying to sort this out. I don’t think I can post images here. 
Lee

10 hours ago, RevolverJockey said:

The last config has been should next to a few MP5s and a few dozen 300 blackouts and it is quiet - like people awkwardly looking a their guns and ammo prices wondering why they spent so much. I think in the 9mm blowback world, the can matters, but the buffer is what matters the most.

The buffer matters because you get more port noise from a blowback gun than a delayed blowback.  I have never heard a blowback that was as good as a delayed gun. (Actually not true, I had a gun with a heavy spring and buffer that would not cycle, it was basically a bolt gun). I tried for nearly 10 years and gave up. Too much recoil and too loud. Also since a blowback uses a heavy buffer/spring, its harder to get it to slow down with a switch form subs to supers.  

The only gun that I've shot that has less recoil than a mp5 and more quite, is a banshee with a hydro buffer.  A blowback AR will only sound better if it has a superior can, but that port noise still is loud

I hope your can is better than the octane, its one of the louder ones I have tested. I have a hard time selling them becuase when people hear them they pass on them.

I tried forever to get a decent blowback AR, IMO it doesn't compare to a delayed gun.