New Forum

RON IN PA

Ron, glad you posted up your comment. I think most of us were feeling the same way, me included, that is until I really started spending some time on the new site.

I am older and change (for the most part) sucks, however this new format is pretty cool and they added a bunch of features, such as: Followers, Likes, Notifications and a few others that I am taking a liking too!

Dennis :)

• Like 1

Well,, most people dont like change (me too),but,it was kind of fun just 'rummaging' thru the old sites. its easier for me to mark NEW items i've already looked it. for me adding pics is about the same. It took me several yrs at the start  w/Buddy , but I made it. I hope getting thru to a new pres. will be as smooth. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, RON IN PA said:

Well,, most people dont like change (me too),but,it was kind of fun just 'rummaging' thru the old sites. its easier for me to mark NEW items i've already looked it. for me adding pics is about the same. It took me several yrs at the start  w/Buddy , but I made it. 

With you all the way about change... Just seems like yesterday that we all had to dial (1) to get long distance...Now we can talk and walk at the same time... If I were to mention such dreams  to my elders as a kid , they would have hit me on the back of the head ...and tell me to get my head out of the clouds... As a crotchety old Fxxk myself I can fully relate.... It has taken me 16 yrs or more to navigate the old site...and I never got a chance to master it...Now it has changed again...the one thing that we can all count on ...is change... I for one embrace the changes , it is alot easyer to read... Although not completely intuitive... Much easier to navigate... ( I have learned the hard way about clicking on the wrong thing)...and nowadays even hovering over the wrong icon can lead to problems.... So  keep it simple ...so all can learn

The thing I do miss most about the new "forum" is the very thing MANY of got "zapped" for on the old board...... WTS, ITEM, *PRICE*, NAME & LOCATION. IN THE HEADING!!

I can't tell you how many times I got ZAPPED because (as Buddy would say) I made errors or omissions due to being in a rush. Fortunately I was never permanently zapped, and was always given a second chance. I DO understand how important those "heading rules" are.

The format WAS faster to scan.....because all the immediately pertinent info was right there in the heading..... or else the heading wouldn't exist for long!

One good reason that posts cannot be deleted by anyone but Admin, is that Scammers are now Screwed once they've placed their ad. They cannot hook a couple of newbies for thousands and then simply disappear. These posts are readily identified by more savvy and experienced members of this board and they are able to post warnings directly below the suspect ad immediately. Ad stays with warning(s) and Saves Time and Money since Buddy can't be everywhere all the time and any of us can help by posting our concerns.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...