Form 3 Denied: “Not Suitable for Law Enforcement Use”

TheUziButton

Recently I got denied on a transfer of a post 86 Uzi on a form 3 for a local department. The stated reason for the denial was “Not Suitable for Law Enforcement Use”. How do I go about resolving this issue? Does the LEO demo letter need to be revised? If so, what is the correct verbiage? I am having no luck with getting any answers from ATF regarding this matter. I have contacted an attorney and he cannot find anything in the law giving the ATF the authority to determine what is suitable for law enforcement and what is not. The ATF’s function in a form 3 transfer should be limited to validating the NFA item, updating the registry, and validating the SOT’s involved in the transfer.

Wow.. that's happen to Indiana? It happens to Washington but I thought that was due to Washington passing a stupid law not allowing our police departments to use "military" type equipment. The ATF should b 

I'd like to hear a follow up about it..

30 minutes ago, TheUziButton said:

Recently I got denied on a transfer of a post 86 Uzi on a form 3 for a local department. The stated reason for the denial was “Not Suitable for Law Enforcement Use”. How do I go about resolving this issue? Does the LEO demo letter need to be revised? If so, what is the correct verbiage? I am having no luck with getting any answers from ATF regarding this matter. I have contacted an attorney and he cannot find anything in the law giving the ATF the authority to determine what is suitable for law enforcement and what is not. The ATF’s function in a form 3 transfer should be limited to validating the NFA item, updating the registry, and validating the SOT’s involved in the transfer.

Its how the LE letter is worded.  There was a post about this, but it has to include certain things