WTS: Pre-sample AR10

riggermymortis

SPF

Thinning the herd so letting go of this pre-may AR10. Payment is via check, MO, or cash if local. Not looking for any trades as I'm trying to make room. Shipping is actual cost or you can pick up if local to the DFW area. Currently have an 07/02. Comes with one waffle mag and I'm pretty sure I have a matching bayonet stored somewhere as well but no guarantees. Asking $14.5k

uc?export=download&id=1SrIWvF8FbWphcHaSO

uc?export=download&id=1_dnKJyz3EzLWKcKkr

uc?export=download&id=11H7n9RhnCRdil1tmi

uc?export=download&id=1F293DsqPmLyQziNZz

uc?export=download&id=1-XbD2jpApnb3zK_Qd

uc?export=download&id=19XDX74XkUvITrEcRc

uc?export=download&id=1zI9qEdfxuuknT1BeC

uc?export=download&id=1pnACHSkHQI4lSups5

uc?export=download&id=1s0HiK-EaL2ltBLLkq

uc?export=download&id=15EKROqwrQZIA990FC

Edited by riggermymortis
SPF

This gun was a run-of-the-mill Guatemalan pre-may sample until a few years ago when someone decided to upgrade the barrel and furniture resulting in the rifle appearing as a Transitional model.  The original Guatemalan AR10s had narrow bolt lugs and the above rifle was upgraded with a wide lugged Portuguese bolt and the associated barrel.  So with the tougher bolt the above rifle can be used hard with no worry of a bolt failure.

The 4-multipiece Portuguese handguard system was used as well.  The front sight base and compensator also are from a Portuguese AR10.  The upper and charging handle are from the Guatemalan. The grip and buttstock assembly were taken from a Portuguese AR10.  The stock looks like one of the replacement pieces made by armorers in the 1960s.  The only parts that are not Portuguese AR10 and the stripped upper, sight wheel, charging handle, and lower receiver assembly.

The AR10 book by Putman shows an identical rifle as being a vary rare "missing link" cross between the variants.  While there are many Transitional AR10 rifles made with Portuguese features, this particular rifle bears a Guatemalan serial number and was photographed in its original configuration just a few years ago.

A genuine Transitional is shown in the thread linked below and one can see several differences.  The real one is fully Transferable thus the exorbitant cost.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, TKS said:

That looks fantastic. I have a C/R License and am looking for a form 4 or 3 SMG or machine gun. Will you be selling something like that in the near future?

thanks

Tom

I will not. I would just keep an eye out on this forum and hopefully you'll be able to find something soon. Best of luck