How to notify that an NFA weapon is deing demil'd

Got Uzi

I'm not an FFL/SOT nor did I spend the night at Holiday Inn recently, but, you should be able to write a letter and let them know that the items in question have been demilled/destroyed and need to be removed from the NFRTR.

A somewhat handy reference: https://www.atf.gov/firearms/docs/guide/atf-national-firearms-act-handbook-atf-p-53208/download

-KristopherH

6 hours ago, b_san said:

Yes, they don't always respond and if they do, you may get the letter 2 years later.

Incompetent bastards.

I like to file FOIA requests on all of my machine guns, so I know when they were manufactured/registered. I am going on three years for my latest request.  

BATFE apparently stands for Bastards Always Take Forever (without) Exception.

Edited by MontanaRenegade86
  • Like 2

I thought I recall being told that you need to ship the serial numbered part of the receiver to ATF. Since I never got a name or Department to send it to, I always retain the serial numbered part. When I get a compliance check I can provide them the part. If they want to take it with them I will get a "chain of custody" signature, and have them initial the "destroyed" entry in my books.

"Show me the man and I'll show you the crime." -Beria, head of Stalin's Secret Police

10 hours ago, BDMERC said:

I thought I recall being told that you need to ship the serial numbered part of the receiver to ATF. Since I never got a name or Department to send it to, I always retain the serial numbered part. When I get a compliance check I can provide them the part. If they want to take it with them I will get a "chain of custody" signature, and have them initial the "destroyed" entry in my books.

NOPE you can turn it in or destroy iaw the atf guide lines

You Write a letter to Martinsburg  stating the make, model and serial number is to be taken off the NFA registry. Take a picture of it with the serial number in the demilled condition. When your examiner comes by once a year to check your books,  they will already know that has been demailed. Show the agent the picture.  That's all I did