Anyone know of Fleming HK sears getting confiscated?

SGT Fish

Found this video on YouTube. The Dallas field office is showing off what they call confiscated AR auto sears at the 5 minute mark in the video. You can clearly see many are engraved "Fleming firearms" and aren't AR DIAS. There are also some raw aluminum pieces I don't recognize.  

Anybody know the story behind these? I'd hate to think that they are all transferable samples. Guessing they are posties that got turned in and the ATF is acting like they scored?

I'm gonna bet those were post sample sears, sears that never got papered before the cut off, or could be ones that were taken by ATF due the owner becoming a prohibited citizen?  I take several of these youtube videos with a grain of salt anymore.....just like the ATF raids happening at the FRT manufactures...yeah they didn't happen and all the inner-web and youtube "experts" saying the "end is near" ended up with egg on their face.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mattnh said:

Those alum pieces might be swift links

looked like engraving on them, so prob post samples…

Yeah I was trying to get a good picture.  Ive seen a few kinds of swift links, these seemed new so I though maybe it was something I didn't know about. 

Of course they are acting like they got all those off the streets... 

6:48   in the video "if you don't have one, you butt naked"   ROTFLMAO

then he has an epiphany after his homie git shot.   Yeah, I would have never seen that coming either? LOL

I would have asked the agent if those were machine guns recovered from operation fast and furious?  Where are all of those? 

• Like 2

The serial number range on the Fleming HK Sears doesn't appear to be the common transferable serial number format.  It seems that they are all prefixed from the video as "HR00xxx" where the transferable Fleming Sears are "Hxxxx"

The other fleming milled aluminum block sears in the video look like post sample PS90 to P90 conversion auto sears to me for Gen 1 and 2 based hammer packs.

Not surprised they would have these as Bill Fleming passed away unexpectedly  in a car accident last year.

Ok - That stuff was all made for sale specifically for police departments and government agencies and most likely turned into them for destruction…

Edited by mattnh
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mattnh said:

Not surprised they would have these as Bill Fleming passed away unexpectedly  in a car accident last year.

Ok - That stuff was all made for sale specifically for police departments and government agencies and most likely turned into them for destruction…

Ah that makes perfect sense. I totally forgot about his unfortunate passing. And thanks for the info on them being PS-90 sears. I've never seen one so that makes a lot of sense.

How despicable of those officers to act like they busted an illegal MG dealer when all they did was collect up a dead man's business possessions. 

38 minutes ago, SGT Fish said:

How despicable of those officers to act like they busted an illegal MG dealer when all they did was collect up a dead man's business possessions. 

I guess this is essentially the police form of stolen valor - every hard working cop (& citizen) should be appalled.

Who knows, perhaps the Vice TV crew edited the segment dishonestly to accomplish their agenda...

Edited by mattnh

44 minutes ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Well they didn't get them from Bill or his estate, he's not had a license for decades before his passing.  I think his son may be a licensed mfr., but I'm not sure? 

Pretty sure his son was licensed as well. Not sure if he still is.