Suggestions for next MG.

Gremby

Hi all, 

I purchased a stemple 76/45 last year and am beginning to look for a second MG. I would like to spend between 7-12k.

If you were in my shoes what would you buy?

Are there any less familiar MGs that I should be looking into? 

Would you recommend stretching my budget to get something else?

Is there is anything else that you think might be helpful to consider?

Best,

James

mac and sten are the only other main smgs in your price range.

i wouldnt spend a lot of time looking for other stuff in that range personally.

your next stop on the mg addiction could be Uzi if you threw a couple more thou $ at it.

and i think thats pretty much all there is to it.

well i guess a m2 carbine might fall in that price range ???????

happy hunting.

you'll be very unhappy after you blow you wad on a MAC trust me. I owned all 3 models, Mac 10 .45 acp, Mac 11 9mm, Mac 11 .380, all with matching suppressors. They were bullet hoses, especially the Mac 10 in .45 acp. Talk about ripping shit apart. If I were in your shoes I'd look for a registered AR drop in auto sear. You can change it from weapon to weapon and have a more versatile investment plus it's small, easy to tote around. 

GejwcRgl_o.jpg

Rooster …. WTH man ? The dude says he has a “$7k-$12k budget “ and you rec’ a $35k RDIAS to him ?????? 3x his Max stated budget ??? That’s how you help this dude ????

oh…and most Macs are not bullet hoses these days bc most owners shoot ‘em w Lage, etc uppers. But you know that too. 

An alternative. Look into converting your gun to 9mm. Or a Thompson dress up kit. They used the same receiver tube on many styles of guns. Talk to BRP Corp (Brian) for more info. Have your serial number handy when you talk

14 hours ago, rhouston8 said:

Rooster …. WTH man ? The dude says he has a “$7k-$12k budget “ and you rec’ a $35k RDIAS to him ?????? 3x his Max stated budget ??? That’s how you help this dude ????

oh…and most Macs are not bullet hoses these days bc most owners shoot ‘em w Lage, etc uppers. But you know that too. 

This is exactly what I thought too lol

I would wait for a fair deal on a mac-10. Then with all the Lage mfg uppers you can buy you have so much more flexibility to modify it. I really like my Mac's always been reliable and parts are avaliable, I have never been disappointed shooting mine. Plus I may be wrong but your stemple uses grease gun mags, which you can use in a m10 with a mag catch mod thats what I did. I think the reason they are still one of the less expensive mg's is because they made so many of them. Eventually the prices on them will not be so diluted. Especially with all the new purchasers wanting to get their first mg and the fact you have a variety of modification options will make them more tempting to people to buy.

As for the reising mine has been great but parts are expensive and so are the mags.

Don't own anything else in your budget so I cant give you any other advise. Thats my 2 cents if its worth anything.

Edited by Twoodworth

Thanks for the great advice everyone. I'm definitely more into the more modern guns, stens are neat but some of the configurations available just look so wonky.

I'd be very tempted on a reising as well, they look like a great shooter due to their carbine size. There was one that came up for sale at like 5k here a few months ago, if only I was a little quicker on the reply!

An uzi would be awesome, im trying to get one MG every 18 months or so, and they are certainly very high on my list of wants. 

It looks like a Mac makes the most sense and sharing mags would be a great way to get some extra mileage out of things I already have. So a Mac10 in 45 might be the way to go. The lage uppers look insanely fun. 

I actually just bought a 9mm suomi bolt here to do a conversion on the stemple. Once I get my mill & lathe fired up I'll be sure to take some pics. Being a machinist has its perks sometimes, haha. 

If I could get either in my budget I'd absolutely get a rdias or rr, but I can't double or triple my budget at the moment. 

Thanks again everyone, this site has a ton of knowledgeable people so I knew it'd be the right place to ask. 

• 2 weeks later...