Gunbroker issues-user name was changed

I tried to log into my business account this morning and it wouldn’t let met. Thought that was odd so I did a search on an item I had listed and found my user name was changed. Thankfully I had an old personal account that I was able to use and send an email to GB asking WTF is going on. Has anyone seen this before?? 

Whoever did it was also able to lock me out of the email address attached to the GB account.  I was able to get that resolved so now its waiting for GB to respond.  You would hope they will want to resolve this quickly as there are fake listings on this account now.

wow that's bad!  hope you get it fixed soon.

On a related note (scammers), I got a letter in the mail from Wells Fargo, saying they needed more ID to process my loan application.

I never applied for a loan.  Fortunately I have a credit freeze on my credit bureau accounts, which prevents these attempts.

If you do not have a freeze on your credit accounts, I HIGHLY recommend it as the best way to PREVENT credit fraud/theft.

Place a freeze on your Transunion, Equifax, and Experian accounts.

Edited by shiklg
  • Like 1

How does one do that?  Call each one individually if it is even possible to talk to someone directly?  Sounds like a smart way to stave off identity theft. I guess the only question is how hard is it to remove once you've put the freeze on the account?

• Like 1

Got off the phone with ATF and they said its more common that youd think these days for things like this to happen.  Called the bank and checked my accounts, luckily I never updated my business account with my business email so that is good and I didn't have any of my debit or credit cards tied to my business email.  These assholes should be dragged out into the street, beat with a brick, strung up from a lamp pole, the cut in half with a belt fed!!!! 

5 hours ago, gunner11 said:

How does one do that?  Call each one individually if it is even possible to talk to someone directly?  Sounds like a smart way to stave off identity theft. I guess the only question is how hard is it to remove once you've put the freeze on the account?

go to each of the websites of the 3 credit bureaus, and look for the option to put a freeze on your account.

once it is on your account, you will be given a password to remove it.  You can remove your freeze temporarily or permanently.

If you are applying for a car loan, or a credit card, for example, ask the bank which credit bureau they pull from.  You can either remove the freeze from that bureau for a week, or you can get a one-time code for the bank to use to pull credit.

At one point there was a nominal charge to freeze/unfreeze, but in most states it is now free.

I was the winning bidder on an item which was going to sell WAY too cheap and I had gotten sideways with the guy on another item. SOMEHOW before the auction ended it just disappeared! He still has other auctions so I don't think he blocked me, it is just gone. I thought once you had a winning bid you had to run the auction out?

Thats how its supposed to work, not sure why the listing disappeared unless it was proven to be a fake listing.  It took me a week to get my account back up and running, but what a pain in the ass.  I lost all my saved company emails and quotes which pisses me off as one supplier was able to take advantage of me and back out on a quote they had given me the week before on 50 BMG ammuntion they already had in their warehouse (that'll be posted in another thread)  As of now, I'm happy it is resolved but I do question how someone was able to take over an account so easily.  Makes me want to use GB less and less, to only deal in person, but with places like KCR now gone, we don't have much of a chose.