The New Sturm Board .... You can Thank both Andy and David

Buddy H

The New Sturm Board .... You can Thank both Andy and David.

Guys ......I see a lot of you are Thanking Me for this New Sturm GunBoard.

Well ...... I really had nothing to do with setting up this New Sturm Board ......
Andy and his brother David did All this work to get the New Sturm .... UP and Running.

When Sturm Started way back in 1999 .... Andy set-up and started the Old Sturm Board.
Andy let me monitor it ....... for 16 1/2 years....... most of those years by Myself.
Creating Rules to try and curb the Scammers and Spammers.

The Spammers and Scammers Started around 2007 ....... and had gotten really bad the last two years.
No Login Board = Scam City.

when the Scams first started .... I simply deleted them ....... Great ...Yes ?   NO !
Buyers started emailing me that they had SENT FUNDS and now suspect they had been scammed.
They had .... and it was HIGH $$ NFA Items ..... so we are talking Tens of Thousands of Dollars !

By me deleting the scam ad ....the Victim/s simply thought the Scammer had deleted the post ... as being sold.  NOT GOOD !

Soooooo ...... with NO other choice ....I started Tagging the Scams ......with the HOPE .... that ALL potental Victims would now SEE the Post TAGGED as a SCAM .....Thus Saving their money .

and of course this compounded the problem ...... as everyone saw all the scam posts .......

BUT .... it SAVED Guys LOTS of Money !
And with all the posted scams ..... both Visiters and Vendors left ..... fearing being scammed themselves ..... I cannot catch every one.

The last month alone about 5/6 scams were posted DAILY ....... the ones I caught quickly were deleted ..... the ones with 10 views or more views ... I tagged.

The Scammers recently started " Highjacking " ads .......taking the text of a legit ad on the board and adding their Scam Email address.

With this New Sturm  ....... hopefully the Scammers will find it a lot harder to Steal from Sturm Viewers.

Bottom Line..........
You can Thank Me for my past work on the Old Sturm ....... BUT ..... Andy and David deserve ALL the Thanks You's for this new board.

Buddy

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Buddy Hinton said:

Bottom Line..........
You can Thank Me for my past work on the Old Sturm ....... BUT ..... Andy and David deserve ALL the Thanks You's for this new board.

Sounds like a good time to start with Thanking the new and the old Sturm.

Buddy, Thank you for the 16 1/2 years of board monitoring and doing all you did to keep it safe, now it is time to take it a little easier and have some fun with this stuff.

Dave and Andy, it takes a real commitment to keep Sturm going and upgrading it to a level that we feel much safer. Thank You! 

THIS IS FOR ALL YOU SCAMMERS OUT THERE, that is, if you can even understand this:

Fuck Off Scammer.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks Buddy, for your help and patience in the past.  Hope you have a hand on things in the future.

I have to ask though, what happens to the info in the old General Firearms Discussion  and also the NFA Discussion boards?  Is all this info in an archive somewhere or lost forever? Buddy, I see the link to your Index Page is still good, I hope it will stay that way, lots of good reference pics. there.

Generally, I don't like change but I'm willing to give this a go, it's still the best forum/classifieds out there.

JB

• 1 month later...
On January 20, 2016 at 10:36 AM, MEW said:

I like the new site very much. Thanks to all, I always wondered how you ran blockade on the scammers!! There is a special place in Hell for thieves..........

......Right next to the women that vote for Hillary!!

Big thanks to all three of you for a great and lasting site!

Ron