92fs into semi auto 93r sbr

Gremby

Hi all, 

Has anyone ever seen a Beretta 92fs turned into a semi auto 93r sbr? If I could find a stock, compensator, and foregrip I know I'd be down to submit a stamp and do the project.

I could only assume the required parts are as rare as hen's teeth.

Edited by Gremby

2 hours ago, Gremby said:

Hi all, 

Has anyone ever seen a Beretta 92fs turned into a semi auto 93r sbr? If I could find a stock, compensator, and foregrip I know I'd be down to submit a stamp and do the project.

I could only assume the required parts are as rare as hen's teeth.

Those parts are not "drop in" frames are different.

Good luck finding them, because you wont.

I would recommend design+3d print to get a fit on a 92, then pay a lot to mill them from Al

ETA there was rumor that a few semi 92s were converted 10+ years ago, at the time they were 5K each

Edited by taylorwso

You'd have to find a 93r parts kit and graft the parts together. I've seen people do it to build post sample 93r's. So I wouldn't say it is impossible. But it will be very expensive.  

I would start by posting a WTB ad and making a saved search on gunbroker to let you knownif one posts. I know Tom at Liehmon MFG bought a parts kit years back to weld up a post sample. Not sure if he knows of a source of parts or if it was a one-off. 

Thanks for the replies. I probably will put a want add out for those parts. I understand that the parts aren't drop in, but that's what my bridgeport and lathe are for, haha.

@taylormadeI recently found one of those for sale for 15k. Crazy prices but such an interesting piece. 

@SGT Fish thanks for the pointers, I'll look into contacting Tom.

Thanks, 

Gremby

I have some stocks for 93R.  The host gun needs a small amount of machining and a new lanyard hole.  Email me (not sturmgewehr email) and I will send you some photos.  We are only open Wed-Fri 1-6PM and Sat 10am-2pm, so be patient. 

Don @ Ozark Armorysawandoa@earthlink.net 

Beretta made 27(?) factory SBR's for the LA Olympics in 1984.  They had the removable stock like or similar to the 93R but didn't have the front grip.  They weren't completed on time for the games and were sold here in the US.

I would have to look at the stocks and receivers to see if they are the same. 

1 hour ago, jrh said:

Beretta made 27(?) factory SBR's for the LA Olympics in 1984.  They had the removable stock like or similar to the 93R but didn't have the front grip.  They weren't completed on time for the games and were sold here in the US.

I would have to look at the stocks and receivers to see if they are the same. 

These are now c&r and exempt from transfer tax btw.