Info- Who does 223 to 7.63x39 conversions?

mstrmstr

I have several NFA 223 Polytech's from SWD back in the day.. Need a 7.62x39 barrel as they all work with 7.62x39 mags.   I need a qualified C2 to rebarrel these to  7.62x39. 

They are all NFA guns.. Actually I have several.  SWD sold them at 700 each. I jumped on them and stocked them away for a rainy day-- It is raining now. 

The unusual thing is the 7.62x39 mags fit fine. 

Edited by mstrmstr

1 hour ago, mstrmstr said:

I have several NFA 223 Polytech's from SWD back in the day.. Need a 7.62x39 barrel as they all work with 7.62x39 mags.   I need a qualified C2 to rebarrel these to  7.62x39. 

They are all NFA guns.. Actually I have several.  SWD sold them at 700 each. I jumped on them and stocked them away for a rainy day-- It is raining now. 

The unusual thing is the 7.62x39 mags fit fine. 

It's been a long while, and I cannot remember where I read it, but I vaguely remember reading about a company called Piece of History Firearms that does (or did) caliber conversions. I think the gentleman's name might have been Mario.

It's been several years since, so the details are kind of fuzzy. 

Found that it it is a barrel and bolt change with rivets and Polytech still has these. Except for headspacing and drilling a gas port the changeout is straight forward but should be done by a C2 gunsmith with the "correct" tools and experience.  I understand that the rivet head compression can be critical. Not a backyard job.  Screw up a NFA receiver and you will not be happy. 

I just tried a AK mag in one of the guns with snapcaps and the 7.62 round lines up perfectly with the center of the 223 bore.

THANK YOU GUYS for the straight up answer. 

Edited by mstrmstr
spellin