Strum Stopped Sending me Email Notifications

Good Afternoon,

For some reason the system is no longer sending me email notifications - period. I checked my notification settings and email notifications are turned on for messages and posts and a number of other things, but all of the sudden, I'm not receiving any of them. I received email notifications for years without issue. Please advise if anyone here knows how to troubleshoot this problem.

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Chiming in here after being directed to this thread by a close friend who is also on the board and ALSO not receiving any updates.

I have been a member here since before I even had my SOT over a decade ago.

I contacted Dave Albert, the admin of this forum, several weeks back and told him that I had stopped receiving email notifications for the NFA forum after having received them as both a paying and non-paying member for years.

David told me to upgrade my account to a paid subscription since this was during the time that my paid membership had lapsed.  I did so and still failed to receive any updates for new listings in the NFA section.  I have missed out on several deals that I would have gladly taken.  I have complained to David and have been told that I can take a refund but that's the best he can do.

I have considered that myself and other members may have been shadow-banned or blocked from receiving these notifications since it's ONLY the NFA forums new-postings that we are not receiving notifications on; every other section we follow we can receive notifications.

No attempts have been made to fix this.  I have asked David multiple times and have been told the best he can do is a refund because otherwise he will "have to spend a lot of money to have a consultant review and modify code".

I couldn't care less about the money paid for a membership but this is a place where I have done tons of business in the past and not being able to receive updates for newly-posted NFA items alone makes membership worthless.  

Like Johnathan I have had many great deals and much success on this site. If it's a matter of a defect in the code, it would be well worth it to me to contribute a few hundred bucks towards having this fixed - if there is an assurance of a conclusive resolution. I imagine there are others here whom it would also make financial sense for to chip in to the same effect if they are assured the that matter will be remedied.