15-22 Pistol to SBR

I was nieve enough to buy a S&W 15-22 pistol. Now with the impending pistol brace rule change in August I have to make some decisions. As it stands it will be an SBR because of its weight alone. Can I SBR a pistol or just a rifle. I’m concerned that if I bought the firearm with that configuration from a S&W dealer and I wasn’t the ‘maker’ would there be any questions like there are with the Form 1 silencers. Sorry your Form 1 is no good we are saying it’s an SBR from a dealer and it should have gone on a From 4. I contacted S&W for guidance but they “could not comment on pending legislation”. I should have never gotten it and just SBR’d a rifle in the first place. 

On 3/12/2022 at 10:22 PM, 8992 said:

I was nieve enough to buy a S&W 15-22 pistol. Now with the impending pistol brace rule change in August I have to make some decisions. As it stands it will be an SBR because of its weight alone. Can I SBR a pistol or just a rifle. I’m concerned that if I bought the firearm with that configuration from a S&W dealer and I wasn’t the ‘maker’ would there be any questions like there are with the Form 1 silencers. Sorry your Form 1 is no good we are saying it’s an SBR from a dealer and it should have gone on a From 4. I contacted S&W for guidance but they “could not comment on pending legislation”. I should have never gotten it and just SBR’d a rifle in the first place. 

I didn't think that pending legislation or rule was passed. Did I miss something about it??