Missing thompsons

scotty57

Gents.

Back in 2017 I was embezzled by a business "partner"  (2.5 M)  In an ill thought decision, Having no cash to keep my business running, I sold my three cherished Thompsons. one a 28 navy the others   Old police guns  s/n    (1)  AO 134728    (2) S NAC-30 I desperately want to know who has them. I had these for 40 years, and every day i think about them. would also be interested in buying them back, If possible. Please just let me know where they are.  Thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, scotty57 said:

Back in 2017 I was embezzled by a business "partner"  (2.5 M)  In an ill thought decision, Having no cash to keep my business running, I sold my three cherished Thompsons. one a 28 navy the others   Old police guns  s/n    (1)  AO 134728    (2) S NAC-30 I desperately want to know who has them. I had these for 40 years, and every day i think about them. would also be interested in buying them back, If possible. Please just let me know where they are.  Thanks in advance.

send a foia to the atf, else find who you sold them to.

Post the descriptions and serial numbers here and maybe someone will contact you.  That's the only way you'll find them.  FOIA will not reveal the names of current or past owners anyhow, so that would be a dead end.  Your only hope is that someone comes forward, and perhaps offering a price above market would shake the info loose?  A WTB ad would be a good idea if you intend to buy them back? 

If you're just wondering who got them, I doubt anyone would volunteer that info.

4 hours ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

Post the descriptions and serial numbers here and maybe someone will contact you.  That's the only way you'll find them.  FOIA will not reveal the names of current or past owners anyhow, so that would be a dead end.  Your only hope is that someone comes forward, and perhaps offering a price above market would shake the info loose?  A WTB ad would be a good idea if you intend to buy them back? 

If you're just wondering who got them, I doubt anyone would volunteer that info.

The numbers are in the first post of this thread.   please ask around.  I would be very grateful.  

On 3/10/2022 at 6:12 PM, Ryo said:

I would post on the Machinegun Board.. they have a huge Thompson following. Possibly someone could help you out. They also have well known gunsmith that work on a lot of Thompsons. They keep records of what they work on.  You might get lucky posting there..

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showforum=3

This site linked above IS the best place to look 

I understand the desire to get back stuff you sold in the past, but if they read your post and unless they were interested in selling them for a lot more than current value, whoever has them probably won't exactly be overjoyed to let you know who they are. 
If I had one and wasn't interested in selling it, I wouldn't tell you. No offense, but your desire to find them smacks of desperation and there's not a lot of people out there who want a previous owner of something bugging them about it like a "psycho ex girlfriend".