suppressors

SBD

totally depends on what/how you shoot.

I shoot f/a mostly, some precision rifle, I value weight, blowback and sound.

I like large volume suppressors, that are light but at the same time can take abuse (17-4 construction, no weird stuff).

I don't not shoot suppressed CF pistols, they are dumb IMO

saying that:

22lr can, prob 2, each for fun guns,  one pistol, one sbr.

large 30 cal can for precision rifles, smaller 30 cal can for 556 and 7.62 with QDs

1 x pcc can, 9mm with 3 lug for my PCCs

that's 5 and gets everything suppressed I shoot, except beltfeds

Its also what I have on my standard demo wall to shoot even though I have  30+ other cans. 

I have other specialized cans, but that gets 95% suppressed.

• Like 1

guess i should have been more specific. what models and brands. I know they are like cars and everyone has there preference but i'm looking for guys like you who have shot alot of different cans. I am kinda partial to the griffin  bushwhacker because they make a 1928 thompson mount and i like the oculus but other than that im like eghhh.  so i wanted to get some feedback of man i really like this can because.????

I am thinking about ordering a oss but ive heard they are loud and overpriced  

I have a friend who is really into OSS because he is a lefty. Definitely doesn't give gas back, but that never bothered me (I've had enough gas back to mark up my face).  I think they changed their name to something dumb, HUXWRX. Just saying dumb because OSS has a name for itself. what the hell is HUXWRX.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, SBD said:

I am thinking about ordering a oss but ive heard they are loud and overpriced  

yep, they suck IMO, the flow through BS is junk science. I keep having guys buys them even though they keep getting poor reviews.

for 22s get a mask HD, unless you want a modular suppressor. If you want super lite, get a rugged mustang or warlock.  Stupid lite but you have to deal with AL baffles.

I run rex cans, for the money they are better than most everything else. I have a 7.62 MG7 on my m16, and 7.62 mg10 on the bigger rifles, a 9mm  mg7 on the mp5.

I have 40+ suppressors but that's what I run, and my customers are extremely happy they didn't waste another 400+ dollars.

• Like 1

Oh I forgot to mention that OSS in my opinion is very expensive for what you get. When I shot my friends OSS  I was not blown away with what you get over my M4-2k. I suppose if your a left handed shooter, maybe I would have an different opinion. My friend is left handed and doesn't like gas face. 

To have an effective suppressor, You need to shoot subsonic ammo. 45acp, 22lr in a pistol. 9mm with 147gn bullets, 32acp, 380, etc. Ammo above 1200 fps is supersonic and makes a large sonic crack defeating your suppressor's operation.

Look into Bowers group suppressors. They have interchangeable mounts so one suppressor may work for all guns.

• 3 weeks later...

Surefire socom 5.56 

Surefire socom 7.62 or dead air sandman 

dead air wolverine 

dead air mask .22 

GSL Phoenix 9MM 

That’s my list, you could substitute the wolverine or socom 762 for something like a hybrid 46m or similar. 

I’ve got the mask in limbo, if eforms pan out to be decent wait times I’ll order more off my list 

Edited by AZK Brock