WTK: listed price of recent DLO box+ MP5k that sold quickly

rhouston8

1 hour ago, howdy said:

What are they even trying to accomplish by removing the price?

my guess is that this benefits the bigger dealers.  they can sell a similar item (later, and at a higher price) and the consumer has less pricing info available for comparison.

also, when a large dealer buys an item off of Sturm, they can flip it on their own website, and the buyer would not know how much they paid for it, which of course benefits the seller.

Edited by shiklg

It shouldn't benefit the original seller though.. unless they have more to sell.

There should be no reason to take down the original prices. It's definitely nice to see the history so future sellers would know how much they have been going for.

The number doesn't mean much, since only the buyer and seller know what is actually changing hands at their agreed upon price.  Often things listed don't bring the full number, though if it was 37.5, I suspect that number is real. 

As a buyer and seller I offer what I think is a fair value to me and often logistics, payment type and promptness, etc. are big variables in a deal that can dramatically swing prices.  I am picking up some bigger stuff soon and pickup was huge to the seller, since he didn't want to deal with truck freight and packing, nor did I so we came to an agreement where he holds a paper check and I do all the heavy rigging and driving far, while he watches.  Private transactions are pretty normal in gun world.

I think the moderators just miss it when guys do this... When they go back and edit their ads to remove price I don't believe any notification is sent to admins about it.... @Buddy H is pretty good about dropping the hammer on rule breakers... Which I thoroughly enjoy watching!

Aaron 

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

• 2 weeks later...

The one that sold last July approximately, sold with a host. Seller estimated based on the value of the host it was about 44K for the DLO Box.

I bought the one listed in May/june for $40K

The one in question that recently sold - seller would not give a figure after the fact but insinuated that it was below market value because quick sale was required. Who knows though.  All I know is I paid $40 for "mine" which cannot be transferred because the SOT's paperwork is invalid (it's on a F3 to his SOT which has been revoked or is otherwise screwed up in some way.)