CLOSED: Ruger AC556 (non-folder)

dogdoctor

First time posting a WTB here. I've been looking for a basic Ruger AC556 191-192 series in the full rifle stock for my first Class III purchase. Ideally looking for a local transfer, but understand the logistics of finding one close might be remote as I have been looking for at least 6+ months now. Please let me know if you have one, the condition and price. Also, please be prepared to provide several photos and close-ups including any identifying information so I and my FFL can get a good sense of what the firearm looks like. Message me for contact details.

I have my Mass Resident License to Possess a Machine Gun and Class III FFL lined up to hep facilitate the transfer as well.

Thanks - dogdoctor (and yes, I am a veterinarian)

Edited by dogdoctor
No Longer Searching

Hi Dogdoctor-

I am also a Mass green card holder- been down this road before and about to do it again.  Check David Spiwak's website on a regular basis- he has the most reasonable prices on Ruger's you'll find, supports the purchase with a 3-day inspection period, and is an honorable and honest person.  Just google his name.

Just now, busterjayhicks said:

Hi Dogdoctor-

I am also a Mass green card holder- been down this road before and about to do it again.  Check David Spiwak's website on a regular basis- he has the most reasonable prices on Ruger's you'll find, supports the purchase with a 3-day inspection period, and is an honorable and honest person.  Just google his name.

Buster - yeah. I have been tracking his site for 6 months now. He just got a crop of folders in (good prices too). I've spoken to him since I had a seller (in Ma) contact me about a gorgeous (tiger striping) 190's full rifle - but Spiwak told me to steer clear as the 190's are more of a collectible thing right now (simply finding parts is near impossible) and I want to shoot the thing without fear I'm going to turn it into a paperweight. He's unfortunately has no rifles coming in at the moment. If you are looking for a folder though, that same seller in MA had one and I can put you in contact with him. I think he was looking for near or just a little above Spiwak's prices.

are you familiar with John from NFAsales.com? He has a full rifle stock AC556 inbound. I just noticed it on his list of incoming guns and thought of this thread. Be sure to pick up one of the Ciener 22 conversion kits for your new Ruger. In my experience they work very well!

1 hour ago, Bravo Whiskey said:

are you familiar with John from NFAsales.com? He has a full rifle stock AC556 inbound. I just noticed it on his list of incoming guns and thought of this thread. Be sure to pick up one of the Ciener 22 conversion kits for your new Ruger. In my experience they work very well!

I appreciate the information. I was really looking forward to an AC556, but due to a very recent job change - a budget cut needed to happen. In my search for wooden full stock NFA items I found the Reising and AC. So I've come back to the Reising an am working with an FFL now on what appears to be a very good find. Thanks again. Maybe there will be an AC in my future, but there doesn't appear to be one at the moment.