Form 4 to dealer questions

United Surplus Arms

I am a relatively new SOT and have never filled out a Form 4 from an individual to dealer (me.)

Can this be done on my account (e-forms) now that the Form 4 is available online?

If not, would the individual have to fill out a paper form 4?

Also it is my understanding that photos/prints are not required to be submitted, is this correct?

Any other gotchas or tips would be appreciated.

thanks in advance for your help.

Form 4 Individual to dealer requires (2) copies of the front page only and the $200 tax. I can't comment if the efile system accommodates a dealer submission, since we have yet to do one on the new system. But I don't know why it wouldn't, since it's a form submission and a payment from a dealer.

If the system doesn't allow you to do it.  Then yes, the seller would have to submit a paper Form 4.  Again, (2) copies of the front side only of the Form 4 and the $200 tax. Mailed to Portland, OR.

Jim

1 hour ago, Side Arm Sams said:

I can't comment if the efile system accommodates a dealer submission, since we have yet to do one on the new system. But I don't know why it wouldn't, since it's a form submission and a payment from a dealer.

A SOT can't do eforms since the transferer can only be the dealer, as it onlys allows the FFL in the drop down,

OP just do the paper and send it as sam said.

23 minutes ago, taylorwso said:

A SOT can't do eforms since the transferer can only be the dealer, as it onlys allows the FFL in the drop down,

OP just do the paper and send it as sam said.

I missed that and that's correct. But what if the transferor is registered on efile? They should be able to do that, since there will be F4 to F4 in state? Kinda like a F1. Right?

Jim

1 hour ago, Side Arm Sams said:

I missed that and that's correct. But what if the transferor is registered on efile? They should be able to do that, since there will be F4 to F4 in state? Kinda like a F1. Right?

Jim

individual eform 4s are not allowed right now. They will be, but no one knows when.

29 minutes ago, polytech86 said:

How long are form 4s transferring to an SOT taking these days? Does trust vs individual on form 4 matter?

Thanks!

I don't think trust vs. Individual makes any difference. I would figure at least 6 to 8 months because there is a huge backlog right now. It seems every idiot in America wants their NFA!!! Haha

43 minutes ago, Schmeisser Guy said:

I don't think trust vs. Individual makes any difference. I would figure at least 6 to 8 months because there is a huge backlog right now. It seems every idiot in America wants their NFA!!! Haha

form 4s to sots don't have to do the finger prints/ BG check, which is the hangup of the whole thing.

They usually take 2-4 months but with eforms they should be a matter of minutes if the atf would fix it.