Anyone converted a genisis 12ga to f/a

taylorwso

21 hours ago, SBD said:

did you ask them how they did it? no need to reinvent the wheel. what makes this better than a saiga 12?

they wont say.

The recoil is reduced, AR controlls, just smother all around.  I have a tromix 8" saiga and this thing is was better.

I converted ar10 before just wanted to see if there was a easier way.

can you not just weld some crap on the bolt like the old colt sp1 conversions? im guessing thats what you mean by a collar.

i don’t understand why ever1 in this industry is so secretive. like this is some black magic hoodoo. ohh no you might make 1 and not be able to sell it! Only kid on the block with that toy. 

you have the upper right? im with aren show us a pic of the bolt 

3 hours ago, eMGunslinger said:

The biggest joy anyone attempting this will run into is how to fix bolt bounce.

I don't think that will be a problem unless you have experienced it. The bcg has a spring in it which adds additional pressure on the bolt. Also with the larger bolt rotating I think it will be fine.

If it doesn't Ill just drop a hydraulic buffer in it.

so heres how i would approach it. i would make a dias with a longer tail and see if it causes any problems that away u dont mess up a bolt or lower.....i looked at that upper and man they are proud of that thing. if the bolt was cheap i  would mill it flat and weld in a sear trip

25 minutes ago, SBD said:

u could also turn off the end on the bolt so its the same diameter then sleeve  it  weld the bolt sleeve from rear and face it. mill slot and trip face ect

damn, wish I thought of that. Mill a sleeve, use some set screws to time it, then a weld tack and GTG.

just milled a ring to weld in place, sad thing is I timed it wrong, with the sear all the way back vs forward.

Oh well I'll fix it tommorow,

• 3 weeks later...