Janda John scammer?

RonnieV

All, someone using the handle Janda John responded to my WTB ad and he’s asking me to send funds to a Billy McCullough.  The email address for Janda John is 

jandajohn123@gmail.com 

the other email address he wanted me to use Zelle to send the funds to is 

consciencewithpassion@gmail.com

A quick google search shows that the Jandajohn123 email was a scammer on UGE and the second email showed invalid via a Google search.  Furthermore the IP address is showing the Ukraine.

Has anyone else had a run in with this guy?  I haven’t sent any funds because Zelle has no fraud protection.  I just wanted to check to see if y’all have ran across this guy and to verify my suspicions.  I tried searching his name here but nothing came up.

Thanks in advance.

Look at machinegunboards under Class 3 forum.  Dude - it is a scam.  Can he show you a picture of the item ON TOP OF a piece of paper with YOUR NAME and Today's date?  I bet you get a slick runaround but no picture. You already answered the question for yourself if you read your original post to this thread. Does none of that raise a flag for you? He sent me a selfie pic of a guy holding up a drivers license and another pic of the same DL with a concealed carry card and passport card.  I contacted the guy in the picture (driver's license, etc) on LinkedIn and he stated that his information has been used before and reported.  Good luck!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Bwana said:

Look at machinegunboards under Class 3 forum.  Dude - it is a scam.  Can he show you a picture of the item ON TOP OF a piece of paper with YOUR NAME and Today's date?  I bet you get a slick runaround but no picture. You already answered the question for yourself if you read your original post to this thread. Does none of that raise a flag for you? He sent me a selfie pic of a guy holding up a drivers license and another pic of the same DL with a concealed carry card and passport card.  I contacted the guy in the picture (driver's license, etc) on LinkedIn and he stated that his information has been used before and reported.  Good luck!

I’m not sending this scammer anything and yes, all caught the red flags.  I brought this information up here to see if anyone else heard of this guy because I conducted a search here and his name didn’t come up.  I also want to make sure others on here who have never heard of this guy before are warned so they don’t get taken advantage off.

thanks for your help.

He also emailed me...... As mentioned above, his IP address according to his email used indicates he is in Ukraine. When I called him out on that he said he was from "Phoenix, AZ".... These guys never stop on here... It seems they specifically target WTB ads.

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

• 2 weeks later...

just emailed me two weeks ago wanted electronic pmt, would not give phycical address or phone#, knew it was a scam with the new in box price was way less than new wholesale price , I played him for a week and finally he stopped emailing me.  yea, WTB`s bring out the cockroachs, just get references and ck them out . Be safe and happy Holidays to all

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/6/2021 at 4:55 PM, Bwana said:

Can he show you a picture of the item ON TOP OF a piece of paper with YOUR NAME and Today's date?  I bet you get a slick runaround but no picture. 

It this common practice here?  Do non-scammers have no problem with doing this?  Or do some figure it's not worth the problem, especially if they have a in-demand firearm?

I feel left out.. The scammers have not been contacting me about my WTB ads so I have no stories to tell. 

However back 12 years ago a scammed tried the overpayment scheme on me but I knew it was a scam. They FedEx a over amount and wanted to pick up the stuff etc. I wanted to see the check but my FIL (who I was selling the stuff for) threw away the check because I told him it was fake. Last time I went to Craig's list. 

John Janda Scam Arizona Firefighter I don’t even know if the real guy knows is being used for scams?

Be advised

Josephmiles0011@gmail.com

johnJanda123@gmail.com scammer

Same guy sold me one lied to try to get another sold.

Just told me I will not get my gun or money. 

They got me both of these guys are the same person.

If these two are legit then get on here and defend yourself. 

Edited by Lthrneck03

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This POS tried to scam a regular board member for a Steyr Aug  9mm barrel.

Nope wan't me.

He/she /it even sent  an alleged photo of himself as a decorated fireman from Chicago.

Scammers need to suffer a long torturous death by army ants while staked to the ground, covered in honey.

R.L.

• Like 1

"Covered with honey while staked to the ground" Lmao Bob, that was funny. Probably not hard for fellow board members to figure out, it was me this "POS" tried to scam on a 9mm Aug barrel as I've been looking for one FOR 2 YEARS with no help......... The lengths low life's will go to, to try and cheat someone out of something.... SAD!

• Like 1