Did anyone else shoot NFA today?

Kevin Bartlett

I own some land in the country about 40 miles from me.  My wealthy neighbor there has 100 acres and a weekend house on the creek.  He invited me along with several dozen of his friends and family.  We busted clays before lunch and then after we stuffed ourselves with roasted pig, I introduced several young men and one young lady to their first full auto experience with a Jap 99.  Plenty of full auto grins and several "how is that even legal?" questions.

Kevin in NC

22 hours ago, Baboon said:

I could have yesterday, but with deer hunters out and about I didn't want to be that guy.

I know what you mean about being "that guy."  I have 30 acres, mostly wooded, with about a mile of trails.  I work in the office weekdays so Saturdays are my days to get things done there.  Some days it is so peaceful I hate to even start the tractor.  Other days there is so much gunfire from nearby tracts that it sounds like a war.  Sometimes Tannerite.  I have a friend who hunts my land and shares the venison with me.  He usually hunts during the week when things are less noisy.   I usually curtail my shooting during deer season in consideration of him, but I can't help what the neighbors do.  I generally try not to be "that guy" but sometimes there are those "other guys."

Kevin in NC

• Like 1