M16 running 9mm upper, bolt question

flgunguy

So I finally got all the parts thanks to several members of this forum. I'm looking at the 9mm bolt, pictured on the right, and am doubting if the m16 hammer can hit the firing pin and push it in enough to actually fire. Does anyone else have a picture of a 9mm bolt from this angle for reference? 51679793017_221df5258d_k.jpgPhoto Nov 14, 10 25 35 PM by Mark K, on Flickr

Also got the RRA mag well block that inserts from the bottom and secures via the mag release, it wobbles every so slightly still and I don't see where there is an adjustment to tighten the fit.

Edited by flgunguy
fixed picture insert

The 9mm AR uses an inertial-type firing pin, so it will travel forward enough to ignite the primer even though it looks like it won't.  This is one of the reasons there is a firing pin spring used in the 9mm, but not in the gas-operated rifle calibers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DINK said:

The 9mm AR uses an inertial-type firing pin, so it will travel forward enough to ignite the primer even though it looks like it won't.  This is one of the reasons there is a firing pin spring used in the 9mm, but not in the gas-operated rifle calibers.

Thank you for this explanation. I am very excited to try this setup.