M2HB Brown Lipe Chapin need opinions

Hi, I'm looking at an M2HB C&R made by Brown Lipe Chapin.  It comes with an M2 tripod, M63 AA, 700 rounds and a few other misc items.  What is this gun worth in today's market?  I've heard everything from $25K to $70K and no one seems to really know.  According to machinegunpriceguide.com it is at $47K as of May,  2021.  http://www.machinegunpriceguide.com/html/us_belt_8.html

20190422_153652.jpg

20190422_152916.jpg

20211111_134559.jpg

25K if you're selling to me, 70K if I'm selling to you!   Most of these sell privately so there isn't much data to go by, but I'd ask in the 40's for my C+R .50 if I were selling.   The M63 if complete (which this one is not in the pic)   $1500 if it were complete.  The MGPG is pretty worthless and has limited data points and is skewed easily with so few entries.   A lot depends on if you're going to keep it for a while, or if you're going to turn it soon?   Of course the "how bad do you want it" and "what is your budget" all are big factors.  How bad does the seller want out?   You get over 25K these days and the buyer pool goes from a wading pool to a tea cup.

In other words it's up to you and the seller to hash out, but it does look like a nice gun. 

Semi automatic M2hbs are selling for 20k plus.... Low end on semi's 15,000... high end 25,000... again those SEMIS AUTOs .....If people are getting transferable .50s for 25k they are getting the deal of the century...  If I were selling a C&R M2hb such as the one in the photos I would start at $50,000 for just the gun (no accessories).. Ramo and Group guns are selling in the 40's. I have a Ramo gun and love it .. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

TxJhto5.jpg

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

16 hours ago, Aaron in Mohnton Pa said:

Semi automatic M2hbs are selling for 20k plus.... Low end on semi's 15,000... high end 25,000... again those SEMIS AUTOs .....If people are getting transferable .50s for 25k they are getting the deal of the century...  If I were selling a C&R M2hb such as the one in the photos I would start at $50,000 for just the gun (no accessories).. Ramo and Group guns are selling in the 40's. I have a Ramo gun and love it .. 

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Sales@BeltFeds.Com

TxJhto5.jpg

Midwest Tactical has a Ramo listed for $61k right now. 

6 hours ago, Aaron in Mohnton Pa said:

wow…it will sell for that too… good to know. 

It won't LOL.I guess time will tell.

Semi's aren't bringing 25 either.  They topped out for a couple that sold early spring, but when I put the nicest one ever listed on Gunbroker, by May it got no offers over a couple weeks even offering trades.  Had a WW2 tripod, scope, etc. and couldn't pull 25.  I think I'd sell my Savage or Colt for 61K?

54 minutes ago, johnsonlmg41 said:

It won't LOL.I guess time will tell.

Semi's aren't bringing 25 either.  They topped out for a couple that sold early spring, but when I put the nicest one ever listed on Gunbroker, by May it got no offers over a couple weeks even offering trades.  Had a WW2 tripod, scope, etc. and couldn't pull 25.  I think I'd sell my Savage or Colt for 61K?

I apologize … I did not realize you were the authority on what .50 cals sell for …. I guess my eyes have deceived me ……….. Just because you did not successfully sell your semi for 25,000 dollars doesn’t mean that they aren’t selling for that occasionally….. do I think they are worth that? NO … but people pay it …. Plenty of guns sell outside of gunbroker …. 

And like Frank or not he sets his pricing where it is at for a reason. Is that to high for a Ramo Gun? Yea…. I’d say it is ….. but it will eventually sell just like everything else that passes through there…

This semi sold for $23,525 … no accessories ( *EDIT* It came with 2 barrels) … that is an astronomical price … I don’t know how they bring that much but they do occasionally 

Edited 1-15-21 … added screen shot of semi M2hb which sold on gunbroker for $24,999 on 11-30-21

yvnuGNy.jpg

fpYIlBV.jpg

$19,775

Z1sxTeL.jpg

$18,675

dSnCWDk.jpg

$17,957

n37ANq3.jpg

I've sold many M2HB semi's and I would agree that today's market will bring up to $20K perhaps more.  In just 10 years of being an SOT, I have seen all MG's double and in some cases triple in price.  They are an investment that is on the rise especially during an administration such as we have now that wants to take everything.

Where is the high end at 25? 

I've bought several transferables in the calendar year including one .50 (which will be less than the semi's pictured when it gets here), so while my experience is limited, it's fact based, not internet conjecture on what appeared to occur, but may not have on auction sites filled with non paying bidders.  Most of the guns I acquired were through intermediaries who did not, or could not afford to own them.   Take out the intermediaries and the actual buyer and seller pool is significantly smaller than what it appears.

I don't live in the delusional world where Frank, his consignor, and a bunch of others who don't actually purchase these things for 61K with their own money live?  If 3-4 of you have a delusion of 61K, but only one guy comes along and buys it because the other three can't afford to, is it real?  And will the buyer have the money or will he be borrowing it based on an illusion of perceived value of others.....that can't actually swing it, or never would, but perpetuate the fantasy anyhow? 

If there were an actual sustained market at 20K for semi .50's someone would be making them from scratch since the cost is a fraction of that based on my analysis? 

Interesting discussion nonetheless and I try not to lose sight of the idea that people really do have faith in bitty and doggy coins and that might be enough to make them real one day?  I'll wait and see and stick to tangible goods for realistic prices, using the USD or Euro for now.

$23,525 isn't close enough to make you a believer? ....Those are only the recent sales that I could find with a brief search ...I have watched them sell for 25k plus on gunbroker (with amazement) , but those auctions can no longer be viewed due to how much time has passed.... Semi M60s selling for 25K plus (high end)... Semi 240s selling for 20k plus (high end).... 

I gave my opinion -  low end .50s sell for X amount... high end they sell for X amount....You said: no they dont... I posted recent sales to back that statement up...... If that isn't good enough, then their is no point in going back and forth about it.

"If there were an actual sustained market at 20K for semi .50's someone would be making them from scratch since the cost is a fraction of that based on my analysis?"  - The only people making the parts and selling semi's is OOW... tooling up and making .50 cals from scratch might cost a bit no?.... Finding M2hb parts kits is near impossible and when you do the kit is in the neighborhood of 10k... I would be curious to see what OOW charges for a semi .50. Their website does not show price. 

I am not advocating for Frank ... I am not saying semi's selling for crazy money is a good thing...... but they are selling for that like it or not. I don't sell .50s and have no dog in this fight... I am answering the original posters question with what I see occurring on the market, not some delusion