Hotchkiss 25mm Anti-Tank Cannon, carriage, parts

Stefan

I was recently given a Hotchkiss 25mm carriage that has sitting for a while in a local farmers back pasture.  It is missing the barrel, recuperator, breach and breach block and some other little stuff (basically all the important stuff).  What is the value of something like this?  And, what is the potential to find parts and build this?  If I am correct it was a Finnish refurb from what I can tell with a "Korjattu" tag on it stamped 1920/241.  Also, what do I need to do to keep me out of trouble since I have NO cannon experience?  I am suspecting with the parts I currently have that there is no registration requirement?  

So far, I haven't found anything for parts and it is just a yard art piece.

Any guidance, recommendations are welcome.

20211009_204407.jpg

Edited by Stefan

Do you have any pictures?  Parts are always worth selling, even for spare parts.  If it is a Puteaux I would be interested in buying.  Where are you located?  As long as there is no Breech it is classified as only parts and can be sold.  The Breech is the registered part and needs an approved Form 1 or Form 4 to be legal. Even a Breech by itself is ok to have as long as there is no barrel to go with it.  Post pics please.  If you do not know what is the Breech block I can post pics if you like.  Price would depend on condition, parts being sold etc. Thanks.

I just upgraded my account to post pictures.  I will get more this evening.  Is there anything in particular that you want to see?  It is a Hotchkiss, I found the Hotchkiss tag on it.  

I am in Leesville Louisiana.

20211010_161615.jpg

Edited by Stefan

Thanks for the pics, that helps. Yes it is a  Hotchkiss and  worth money for the parts alone.  I was hoping it was maybe a 25mm Puteaux.  Post it on Gunbroker or keep up dating this post and someone may buy it.  Worth at minimum a couple thousand.  Also post it on the G503 under the artillery section, lots of artillery posts there.  It may take a year or two but these parts are worth money to someone in need.  Rebuilt 25mm Puteauxs, that shoot, start at $15,000 and go up depending on condition and ammo that comes with it so I guess hoctchkiss is worth about the same.  Good luck.

I was planning to weld the damaged/cracked plates and paint it to protect it.  Would that damage value?  I still want to work on getting everything operational that is there as best I can.  Do you have a manual?  Or know where I can find one?