Anyone have cobra parts?

damcv62

Have a new project. Saw a photo of this unit 5-6 years ago, showed up at creek. Now it’s mine, and looking for info and or parts. I’d like to get a cobra cockpit and mount that to a trailer and be able to shoot out of it. The turret wasn’t cut, so mounting shouldn’t be an issue. I’d love to find the parts for the 40mm but that might be a pipe dream. Two minis might be more practical. 

Any information would be appreciated. 

13A6C906-8E56-49F6-AC4C-B392D066ACAB.jpeg

9F7B65E2-CCC6-4352-B139-7C10D60AA19D.jpeg

46995640-B7BB-4C72-BD61-3A4188803821.jpeg

Very cool! I know the guy at littlebird llc in El Paso has a cobra project. There are a few others out there. Two minis would be an awesome setup to see firing. The display bird outside my door Still has the 7.62 and 40mm feed drums in it. But the guns are just cut up barrels welded to a plate. 

Wish I had some parts to help. The easiest thing would probably be to re-wire it to a custom joystick control unit and maybe make your own sighting system from a POV camera setup. Good luck and keep us updated on what you find!

On 10/10/2021 at 7:36 PM, SGT Fish said:

Very cool! I know the guy at littlebird llc in El Paso has a cobra project. There are a few others out there. Two minis would be an awesome setup to see firing. The display bird outside my door Still has the 7.62 and 40mm feed drums in it. But the guns are just cut up barrels welded to a plate. 

Wish I had some parts to help. The easiest thing would probably be to re-wire it to a custom joystick control unit and maybe make your own sighting system from a POV camera setup. Good luck and keep us updated on what you find!

That’s what we are thinking for shooting it. We can get the one in easy. The 40mm would be cool to be correct, but damn ammo is hard to find. Plus the actual gun, never was much demand to keep surplus parts. 

I believe twin m134s were an option for those turrets. Just most common to see the m134/40mm setup. Ammo could be made if you find the right shells. It'd be even easier than a mk19 since you don't need them to cycle the gun. And you can find projos easy, and many cases can be reloaded if you know what to look for. I think the gun and feed mechanism would be the hardest part. Primarily the gun itself. 

I'll ask around to see what I can find. Almost as cool as the WW2 ball turret that was at big sandy