First time going to Knob Creek

MFP Autos

I've never been to the Knob Creek Machine-Gun Shoot before.  Well, when I found out this was going to be the last one, I decided I couldn't miss it. Any sage advice from long time veterans of the shoot? Is there a component of the show / shoot I shouldn't miss? 

I'd like to pick up a couple more pre-may samples soon if I can find them at reasonable prices - though I imagine at such a large show, it's difficult to find a deal. 

I'll jump in with some quick tips:

1. Take cash and copies of your FFl (if applicable)

2. If you see it on the table and want / need it, buy it. If it is a fair deal, it WILL NOT be there on a second trip.

3. Take a small notebook (with pen) to take notes of locations to come back for something that may have catch your eye (see note 2)

4. Don't be afraid to buy a large / heavy item. There are "mules (M247)" that will carry it to the parking lot (small fee/tip).

5. Most vendors will "hold" an item after you pay for it (go get the mule / carry out on second trip)

6. Don't be shy about making a "fair" offer to vendor.

I hope this helps. We have been a vendor at the creek for 30 years. Going to have to find something else to do in April and October.

PS: We are located at C-18  R&R Enterprises Stop by and say hello! 

Edited by AirCav73
Update info
  • Like 2

Thank you very much for the advice Sir; I really appreciate it. C-18 - I'll certainly stop by.

I've heard tales of the walk to the parking lot. Any advice on getting a decent space? I'm assuming it's best to get there the moment the gates open?

I'm bringing guns and ammo to shoot, but I expect it's best to walk the tables first thing, before shooting - lest someone beat me to the best offerings of the show. 

It's only a twelve hour drive for me, but I decided I simply couldn't miss it. With as much as I have a passion for Machine-guns, I surmised it to be a cultural experience I should know for myself before it's gone. That said, I've heard the shoot / show is a shadow of it's former self. 

1 minute ago, MFP Autos said:

It's only a twelve hour drive for me, but I decided I simply couldn't miss it. With as much as I have a passion for Machine-guns, I surmised it to be a cultural experience I should know for myself before it's gone. That said, I've heard the shoot / show is a shadow of it's former self. 

Yes, I have exactly same reasons to go

I would recommend camping instead of a hotel.  If you need a mule, contact a mule driver at the end of the "mule only" road, then hop on.  Tip the mules generously and don't walk needlessly.  Mules are all privately owned and only pay is tips.  All other transportation is free.