Hi-Desert Dog / HDD MK46 Belt-Fed Samples - Anyone have experience?

MFP Autos

Good Afternoon,

Does anyone have experience with the in-house made MK46 Belt-fed posties that Hi-Desert Dog does? I'm about to put down a deposit for one and before I do, I'd like to know if anyone has experience with firearms HDD has manufactured or with the company in general. I've bought some small odds and ends from them over the years, but nothing big and nothing they made themselves.

The other thought is that It looks like it's going to be about 9k for their gun. It may be more economical for me to source a M249 kit and have a good builder put it together. 

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts. 

20 minutes ago, SFG2017 said:

I currently have one.  Ordered it in August 2020 when the were "in stock".  Received it May 2021 and the second barrel in July.  Good quality but a long wait time.

They've quoted me three to four months for delivery. I'm assuming that likely means at least six months. 

That said, the gun runs well for you and the fit and finish is acceptable?

3 hours ago, MFP Autos said:

They've quoted me three to four months for delivery. I'm assuming that likely means at least six months. 

That said, the gun runs well for you and the fit and finish is acceptable?

I've only ran about 300 rounds through it but they all went well with the exception of the one jam when I tried using the 200rd hard shell. It fed perfectly with a free belt and soft pouches.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...