MFP Autos

Hi-Desert Dog / HDD MK46 Belt-Fed Samples - Anyone have experience?

8 posts in this topic

Good Afternoon,

Does anyone have experience with the in-house made MK46 Belt-fed posties that Hi-Desert Dog does? I'm about to put down a deposit for one and before I do, I'd like to know if anyone has experience with firearms HDD has manufactured or with the company in general. I've bought some small odds and ends from them over the years, but nothing big and nothing they made themselves.

The other thought is that It looks like it's going to be about 9k for their gun. It may be more economical for me to source a M249 kit and have a good builder put it together. 

I look forward to hearing everyone's thoughts. 

I currently have one.  Ordered it in August 2020 when the were "in stock".  Received it May 2021 and the second barrel in July.  Good quality but a long wait time.

20 minutes ago, SFG2017 said:

I currently have one.  Ordered it in August 2020 when the were "in stock".  Received it May 2021 and the second barrel in July.  Good quality but a long wait time.

They've quoted me three to four months for delivery. I'm assuming that likely means at least six months. 

That said, the gun runs well for you and the fit and finish is acceptable?

I bought one from them last year, and have not had any issues with it. Fit and finish was good. So far it has run both brass and steel with no issues. I have done short bursts, and run 100 rounds straight with no jams.

3 hours ago, MFP Autos said:

They've quoted me three to four months for delivery. I'm assuming that likely means at least six months. 

That said, the gun runs well for you and the fit and finish is acceptable?

I've only ran about 300 rounds through it but they all went well with the exception of the one jam when I tried using the 200rd hard shell. It fed perfectly with a free belt and soft pouches.

1 person likes this

Thank you all for your feedback on the gun. I'm going to go ahead and order one. Fingers crossed on the wait time. 

I'm jealous you have a law letter for one.  

On 9/30/2021 at 6:36 PM, Ryo said:

I'm jealous you have a law letter for one.  

PM sent with info.