GB issues? Any one else get locked from bidding?

Spate

GB locked me from bidding saying due to "inactivity or routine security checks". Since I just won an auction a week ago it's got to be the latter and not former. They asked for me to send a pic of me holding my OL, ccdw, vehicle registration, paycheck stub or cell phone bill. Anyone else ever get this?

Mine was locked as someone gave me a “C” feedback saying they never got my payment. Yet 2 others right after gave excellent reviews. Now the payment showed up and the seller can’t revise his feedback. GB has never responded to my questions as to what’s going on. 

My account was locked almost two weeks ago for the routine security/inactivity bs. I have sent multiple requests to have it restored, and to ask why with no response. I have no negative feedback, and have bought multiple items over the last few months. I missed out on a few good posties last night because of this.

Many years ago I got my account locked because I was using a tor to log in while I was in another country for work (since that country blocked sites). They locked my account because the IP was out of the country and I had to go through many hoops to get to someone. The person I got to was actually one of the chief officers of the company so he was surprised to get a call.  I found him on a registration form when they registered, he had used his phone #.  He bartered with me to unlock my account for where I got his info.  He was pissed but he helped me out. LOL.  Any case he did tell me their system will lock any account that was out of the country.

What I really hate right now about their system is they charge me for the tax of a sale over a month later. I see a charge and I'm like WTF is that for.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 9/13/2021 at 6:50 AM, Got Uzi said:

Mine was locked as someone gave me a “C” feedback saying they never got my payment. Yet 2 others right after gave excellent reviews. Now the payment showed up and the seller can’t revise his feedback. GB has never responded to my questions as to what’s going on. 

GunBroker does not have real people working at their offices. If they did they would answer questions and maintain the site like any normal business website. I have a claim with a seller that advertised bait & switch on an item, then he never shipped the item to me. It's also a fraud case case he never sent me the item. KI filed a case with the support and it has dragged out 6 months and I want my $ 542.00 or the barrel i bought and already paid for. 

You have to go in and reset your password to at least 8 characters, a capital letter, and a symbol or whatever it's referred to.  Why their email didn't state any of that is an epic fail in the IT dept.?   They just tell your your account is locked with no explanation.

IIRC I logged in and went right to the password change part and the new requirements are spelled out there.  I did file a support ticket, and they did get back to me in 48hrs, but I had fixed the problem about 5 minutes after I filed the ticket. HTH

Fix all that and you'll be able to resume bidding outrageous amounts of money against shill bidders and all will be good!

Edited by johnsonlmg41