WTS : HK MP5 Regestred Receiver $25k

John Anderson

FYI. I just spoke with John Anderson on the phone. Very nice guy and he understands what he is selling. He is going to be at KCR in April helping to setup the Subgun shoots. John offered to allow anyone, seriously, interested in his MP5 the opportunity to check it out and even shoot it at KCR. From what I gathered, his MP5 was made from an HK 94 and the Trigger Pack is the actual Registered Part which would be more desirable to most potential buyers.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry Guys. My Error… I was most concerned about whether or not the seller was legit and when speaking with him it came up that it was a registered trigger pack configured to fit the semi-auto shelf and I missed the fact that it was marked on the outer metal housing Only. I apologize for the error and the confusion!

Edited by Precision Technology
Need to correct Error

30 minutes ago, RMA said:

So in other words this is a reg sear gun ? If so at $25k that would be a hell of a deal in today's market.

Yes and no(correction, totally no, it is not a sear gun in any way, shape, or form). The actual housing is the registered part. If you zoom into the photo you can see the group logo on the housing. So you can't change out for any of the better looking plastic housings. Or have it changed to burst. And it might only be registered in 9mm. I know I've seen a GI housing before, those where some of the things I remember about them. 

Edited by damcv62

15 minutes ago, coolhand said:

That means it's a sear gun and worth a lot more than what he's asking.

Thanks PT for clarification for potential buyers on this board. 

No. Incorrect. Please edit your post so others don't get confused. 

54 minutes ago, Precision Technology said:

FYI. I just spoke with John Anderson on the phone. Very nice guy and he understands what he is selling. He is going to be at KCR in April helping to setup the Subgun shoots. John offered to allow anyone, seriously, interested in his MP5 the opportunity to check it out and even shoot it at KCR. From what I gathered, his MP5 was made from an HK 94 and the Trigger Pack is the actual Registered Part which would be more desirable to most potential buyers.

Are you 100% sure the housing isn't the registered part? I've seen GI housings before. This one appears to be marked in the same way, so the metal housing has to be kept with the pack that's in it. The maker and sn are on the actual metal housing, and not the pack. I've seen this before. So I'd be surprised to find out this one was done differently. 

1 minute ago, RMA said:

This explains my limited knowledge on a GI HK94 conversion, something you typically do not see out there that's for sure.

This is another time the new site lay out helps. Some times odd ball stuff pops up. And don't get me wrong, the pack might have a sn on it. The one I'm familiar with it did not. It was a weird way to do a conversion, but they did a lot of odd ball stuff back in the day. If this pack does in fact have a sn and maker info on both the housing and the pack itself, I'm thinking you could move the pack, don't know why you couldn't. But I'm afraid the pack has no such markings, and as such you have to leave the pack in the housing. 

17 minutes ago, damcv62 said:

This is another time the new site lay out helps. Some times odd ball stuff pops up. And don't get me wrong, the pack might have a sn on it. The one I'm familiar with it did not. It was a weird way to do a conversion, but they did a lot of odd ball stuff back in the day. If this pack does in fact have a sn and maker info on both the housing and the pack itself, I'm thinking you could move the pack, don't know why you couldn't. But I'm afraid the pack has no such markings, and as such you have to leave the pack in the housing.

Sorry Guys. My Error… I was most concerned about whether or not the seller was legit and when speaking with him it came up that it was a registered trigger pack configured to fit the semi-auto shelf and I missed the fact that it was marked on the outer metal housing Only. I apologize for the error and the confusion!

5 minutes ago, Precision Technology said:

Sorry Guys. My Error… I was most concerned about whether or not the seller was legit and when speaking with him it came up that it was a registered trigger pack configured to fit the semi-auto shelf and I missed the fact that it was marked on the outer metal housing Only. I apologize for the error and the confusion!

People have unmarried the housings, I did some digging after speaking the owner. 

He is calling the ATF to make some inquiries regarding this and I have seen Form and Pics of everything it "may" be a possibility.