Acceptable ways to ship / deliver NFA item ??

Paulj.

Hey Guys,  I've been out of the game for quite some time and wondering what options are available to get a Ma Deuce & tripod to the buyers dealer who is roughly 1500 miles away. I have the military hard case that holds the gun & barrel. Shipping options & or Can a representative of the buyer, or someone else pick this up in person ?  I'd like to hear every possible option. Thanks' in advance.

2 hours ago, taylorwso said:

fed ex/ups or usps certified

get insurance

Personal experience here in Florida is FedEx sucks!!! I’ve had two Smgs on two different occasions, that I shipped through them get “Mysteriously”  lost. It wasn’t until I spent countless hours contacting them and explaining to them that my shipments contain nfa items and that they would have a federal case thrown at them and then miraculously they showed up in tracking. Now, I wouldn’t use them to ship a pack of chewing gum. Ymmv!! Stick with usps registered.   

2 hours ago, Ryo said:

I've had numerous NFA items and accessories sent from Florida to here.. Thy must not like you.  :D

I've had success with UPS, USPS and FedEx, but for NFA items I usually use USPS or FedEx. 

Well!!!!!!!!!

63C59616-9152-449B-882F-A5CB598D2C81.jpeg

Edited by komodoj
  • Like 1

Interesting that ups was mentioned, I know that years back they specified that machineguns were prohibited from being shipped, I'm sure people still used ups but if a gun was lost and you had to file an insurance claim they probably wouldn't pay.

6 hours ago, Paulj. said:

Interesting that ups was mentioned, I know that years back they specified that machineguns were prohibited from being shipped, I'm sure people still used ups but if a gun was lost and you had to file an insurance claim they probably wouldn't pay.

You are right and it’s current policy. Sure would suck to ship one without telling them and have to try and claim the insurance if it went missing. 

• 6 months later...

Definitely us postal service insured registered mail.  I have sued both ups and fed ex over misdelivery and missing items.  Would not use either again.  One clerk let me know years ago that they were having delivery problems and that they should not have hired convicted felons to deliver firearms. 

Marty Seidler

On 3/26/2022 at 2:34 PM, guntrustlawyer said:

Definitely us postal service insured registered mail.  I have sued both ups and fed ex over misdelivery and missing items.  Would not use either again.  One clerk let me know years ago that they were having delivery problems and that they should not have hired convicted felons to deliver firearms

Marty Seidler

Wow!

On 9/3/2021 at 10:15 AM, pstidan said:

Funny you should ask.  This was how a belt fed, water cooled, full auto, 1928 Colt machine gun was sent to me.  This piece of cardboard was taped to a wooden chest that contained the weapon.  I'll kept this piece of cardboard for posterity.  How could I not.

IMG-3326-Sanitized.jpg

I Love this!!! It's friggin ART..Too dam funny..

I thought FedEx came out with a new policy in September 2021 that no guns could be shipped unless you were an "approved" dealer.

One comment was that small dealers that didn't ship much would not qualify.

Have they backed off this policy?

• FedEx - No-go for unlicensed persons
  • UPS - Okay for unlicensed persons, but machineguns are a no-go
  • USPS - Non-concealable firearms okay for unlicensed persons, concealable firearms no-go for unlicensed persons

The bastards just keep backing us into a corner. :( 

USPS registered mail is pretty much used by most dealers. The package has to be covered in brown tape so each location can stamp their postmark on it.

During hours they are closed registered mail is kept in locked cages. The best part is that a large sum of insurance is included at no extra charge. The worst part, delivery is slow.

Has anyone ever had success with UPS or Fed Ex paying a claim? 

Edited by Frank Iannamico