Paulj.

Acceptable ways to ship / deliver NFA item ??

10 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,  I've been out of the game for quite some time and wondering what options are available to get a Ma Deuce & tripod to the buyers dealer who is roughly 1500 miles away. I have the military hard case that holds the gun & barrel. Shipping options & or Can a representative of the buyer, or someone else pick this up in person ?  I'd like to hear every possible option. Thanks' in advance.

fed ex/ups or usps certified

get insurance

2 hours ago, taylorwso said:

fed ex/ups or usps certified

get insurance

Personal experience here in Florida is FedEx sucks!!! I’ve had two Smgs on two different occasions, that I shipped through them get “Mysteriously”  lost. It wasn’t until I spent countless hours contacting them and explaining to them that my shipments contain nfa items and that they would have a federal case thrown at them and then miraculously they showed up in tracking. Now, I wouldn’t use them to ship a pack of chewing gum. Ymmv!! Stick with usps registered.   

I've had numerous NFA items and accessories sent from Florida to here.. Thy must not like you.  :D

I've had success with UPS, USPS and FedEx, but for NFA items I usually use USPS or FedEx. 

2 hours ago, Ryo said:

I've had numerous NFA items and accessories sent from Florida to here.. Thy must not like you.  :D

I've had success with UPS, USPS and FedEx, but for NFA items I usually use USPS or FedEx. 

Well!!!!!!!!!

63C59616-9152-449B-882F-A5CB598D2C81.jpeg

Edited by komodoj
1 person likes this

Fwiw, You can also use a bonded courier/freight service - sometimes that makes sense for big stuff.

Edited by mattnh

-- Matt

Funny you should ask.  This was how a belt fed, water cooled, full auto, 1928 Colt machine gun was sent to me.  This piece of cardboard was taped to a wooden chest that contained the weapon.  I'll kept this piece of cardboard for posterity.  How could I not.

IMG-3326-Sanitized.jpg

2 people like this

Interesting that ups was mentioned, I know that years back they specified that machineguns were prohibited from being shipped, I'm sure people still used ups but if a gun was lost and you had to file an insurance claim they probably wouldn't pay.

6 hours ago, Paulj. said:

Interesting that ups was mentioned, I know that years back they specified that machineguns were prohibited from being shipped, I'm sure people still used ups but if a gun was lost and you had to file an insurance claim they probably wouldn't pay.

You are right and it’s current policy. Sure would suck to ship one without telling them and have to try and claim the insurance if it went missing. 

MG go FedEx with me. Other nfa might go ups depending on cost.