Got Uzi

How is this legal? “Ship your suppressor to your home”

12 posts in this topic

because they apparently have an SOT in each of the states.  That in state SOT can ship directly to you within the state generally speaking.

Even with an SOT in each state, they can’t “mail to your door” as they are advertising. It would still require a 4473 to take the suppressor off the SOT’s books. Can’t do those via mail order. 

Sounds like they do all the paperwork over email/mail

The website says they have an ATF approved variance to do so.

-- Matt

Wonder if it’s the same type of approval from ATF that SB Tactical had.....lol

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, Got Uzi said:

Wonder if it’s the same type of approval from ATF that SB Tactical had.....lol

Or like the approved/unapproved Tommy Built T36...

-- Matt

I'm not sure how it's legal either but it's how I have two cans in my safe right now! I did a trade with my buddy who is an SOT a few hours away and other than handing my trade off to his wife when she was in town the whole deal was done through the mail/email/text! My mind was blown but it saved me drive time so I was happy. 

Wow learn something new each day. Kinda surprised ATF would allow that 

I believe this has been discussed in older posts. You can probably google the details but it is legal from my understanding. I looked it up a while back, but I prefer customers pick it up.

6 hours ago, b_san said:

It's been that way for a long time.   NFA items don't require a NICS check, so you can mail them without being in person in state.  I did that 20 years ago since the seller was 3 1/2 hours away, but in state.  This was of course discussed up front that I wasn't doing 7 hours on the road for a $2000 tube gun.  There may be states that prohibit it however.  And of course like everything else there are dealers that freak out and won't do it, like shipping to a C+R?

The first suppressor I bought was delivered to my door. The dealer was a few hours away and once my form 4 was approved, all I had to do was sign a piece of paper and my can was delivered in a matter of days...merica

1 person likes this