Price check on M1 Carbines

dellfree

I went to a gun show a few months ago. A young man was selling old M1 Carbines in workable condition but they were beat to hell. He was asking $1200 each. He had name brands like General Motors, and the likes. I thought that was high. Has anyone sold any lately or know about what to expect for a price.

Appreciate you guys,

Dell

Edited by dellfree

Unless you luck out, that seems to be the going rate based on what I have seen at local shows on both side of the table and on line. Midway had a bunch of US made former Italian police guns imported recently.  IIRC, they started at $1200 and went up to almost 2k. They sold out in seconds. A buddy asked me to go with him to look at some carbines a gent was selling locally.  All very nice with no import marks.  He was asking mid 2000's for Winchester and high teens for Inland.  He came down to 2k on the Winch and 1500 on the Inland. I should have bought the five or six digit Inland for 1600....kick....kick....kick.

Edited by Waffen Und Bier

Universals are going to be the cheapest M1 Carbines, starting at around $600 to $800. Early production models will fetch the higher price

Then Plainfields for about $700 to 1000.

Everything else is in the 1000 to 2000 range. If it's a GM WW2 M1 carbine or a brand new model production AO carbine, the average will be about $1500. The most expensive ones are going to be older Inland, GM,Sagnunwa? and Winchester M1 Carbines, but they sport the best interchangeability with USGI parts. The newer model productions are all more or less terrible. Lots of flaws or poor work quality for a high price, just paying for the name then.

I bought my universal for $650 and just got a beat to hell Plainfield for $500. The Universal works like a dream but the trigger grouping isn't the same as USGI spec parts so I can't switch out the stock.

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve seen a few import stamped usgi M1 Carbines sell for over 1000 ea. And they went fast. 1400 to 1800 for a mixmaster post war rebuild seems to be the average price these days.  I’ve personally sold several “nice” examples for well above 2000 per in the last twelve months.

R/s, Hiller..........