E-File Form 3 Approval Times

Colt Chopper

3 hours ago, Colt Chopper said:

Been a while since I did an E-file form 3, they used to be approved in 24-28 hours.

What time frame have other SOT's been experiencing ?

Thanks

"Used to" is correct, Now it takes about a week.

I called to check on the one, and the lady said don't call unless its been 10 business days.

• 2 weeks later...

And Form 4's are taking 9 to 14 months or longer. Inexcusable. A dealer friend has been waiting 6 months to get a Form 4 firearm from an individual to his license (it hasn't even been assigned an examiner yet). They delayed a transfer I did to a corporation saying they were waiting on prints (corporations don't have or need prints). I am glad E Form 3's are only taking a week or less (should be instantaneous, but......).

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 9:47 PM, Waffen Und Bier said:

And Form 4's are taking 9 to 14 months or longer. Inexcusable. A dealer friend has been waiting 6 months to get a Form 4 firearm from an individual to his license (it hasn't even been assigned an examiner yet). They delayed a transfer I did to a corporation saying they were waiting on prints (corporations don't have or need prints). I am glad E Form 3's are only taking a week or less (should be instantaneous, but......).

True corps don't, but every responsible person listed does.    Just got one back the other day.....9 months. Might be the longest one I've ever had in 20+yrs of continuous transfers?

It could be worse, you could be a hostage at an airport waiting on the state dept. to negotiate your release knowing most state dept. management couldn't process a form 4. 

• Like 1