Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Colt Chopper

E-File Form 3 Approval Times

14 posts in this topic

Been a while since I did an E-file form 3, they used to be approved in 24-28 hours.

What time frame have other SOT's been experiencing ?

Thanks

2-3 business days on my last one.

3 hours ago, Colt Chopper said:

Been a while since I did an E-file form 3, they used to be approved in 24-28 hours.

What time frame have other SOT's been experiencing ?

Thanks

"Used to" is correct, Now it takes about a week.

I called to check on the one, and the lady said don't call unless its been 10 business days.

Did one last week. 10 days. Basic sbr and Suppressor transfer to another dealer. 

3-7 days depending on who or where it’s coming from.  

Averaging about  week.

R/s, Hiller................

So fast, efficient,  and courteous. Can't wait til they control our healthcare completely. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, Waffen Und Bier said:

So fast, efficient,  and courteous. Can't wait til they control our healthcare completely. 

I will say that when I was on active duty, Tricare was great, once you figured out the "system".  

I was being facetious.  They may take good care of military (wasn't the case when I was in), but I don't have any faith in the feds to do anything quickly,  efficiently or courteously after dealing with NFA Branch for 36 years. 

Just got an eForm3 approved in 3 business days

2 people like this

And Form 4's are taking 9 to 14 months or longer. Inexcusable. A dealer friend has been waiting 6 months to get a Form 4 firearm from an individual to his license (it hasn't even been assigned an examiner yet). They delayed a transfer I did to a corporation saying they were waiting on prints (corporations don't have or need prints). I am glad E Form 3's are only taking a week or less (should be instantaneous, but......).

The shortest we've experienced around 3-4 weeks or less via e-file as of a couple months ago. Haven't had a chance to take an average sampling from our latest paperwork batch though; it could be a little less.

On 8/27/2021 at 9:47 PM, Waffen Und Bier said:

And Form 4's are taking 9 to 14 months or longer. Inexcusable. A dealer friend has been waiting 6 months to get a Form 4 firearm from an individual to his license (it hasn't even been assigned an examiner yet). They delayed a transfer I did to a corporation saying they were waiting on prints (corporations don't have or need prints). I am glad E Form 3's are only taking a week or less (should be instantaneous, but......).

True corps don't, but every responsible person listed does.    Just got one back the other day.....9 months. Might be the longest one I've ever had in 20+yrs of continuous transfers?

It could be worse, you could be a hostage at an airport waiting on the state dept. to negotiate your release knowing most state dept. management couldn't process a form 4. 

1 person likes this

This was 20 years ago on the fingerprints. When trusts and such didn't need them. 

If I were a hostage depending on any branch of the gummit, I would sooner take my chances on my own.  

Edited by Waffen Und Bier