Think I got Scammed

I am not sure on the new board how to post scam info. I sent a postal money order to a guy on the board who had a SCAR FDE parts kit for sale. He had posted several times and also a couple different adds. When I went to go find his add it was no longer there the email address he used was ggfit124@hotmail.com. Any help would be appreciated.

This was the original add but it doesn't let me post the link

Sorry but oftentimes the Police will take the info then do nothing...

I have actually had much better luck contacting the City or County Attorney's Office.  Twice over the years I had personal checks bounced on me at Gun Shows and twice where the Police did nothing, the local Prosecutor picked the case up on their own after talking to them on the phone.

Also used the Prosecutor's office to light a fire under one character's rear end on a forum sales board purchase.  Guy had my money for well over two months, went dark on me.  After he received a letter from his local DA, phone back pronto, profuse apologies and immediate shipment.

Depends on the area really and the demeanor of the Prosecutor's office but the Police tend to file these kind of complaints and do little else with them unless it's a really rural area.  Worse than that even if they do charge out the perp and get him convicted you rarely get made whole.  Scumbag gets a fine, restitution is ordered but the only thing that is collected is the fine as restitution then becomes a civil matter in most jurisdictions.

Just my own personal experience in these things...

13 hours ago, Jim B said:

Sorry but oftentimes the Police will take the info then do nothing...

I have actually had much better luck contacting the City or County Attorney's Office.  Twice over the years I had personal checks bounced on me at Gun Shows and twice where the Police did nothing, the local Prosecutor picked the case up on their own after talking to them on the phone.

Also used the Prosecutor's office to light a fire under one character's rear end on a forum sales board purchase.  Guy had my money for well over two months, went dark on me.  After he received a letter from his local DA, phone back pronto, profuse apologies and immediate shipment.

Depends on the area really and the demeanor of the Prosecutor's office but the Police tend to file these kind of complaints and do little else with them unless it's a really rural area.  Worse than that even if they do charge out the perp and get him convicted you rarely get made whole.  Scumbag gets a fine, restitution is ordered but the only thing that is collected is the fine as restitution then becomes a civil matter in most jurisdictions.

Just my own personal experience in these things...

I've had a car stolen and the cops did nothing. I kept the title and was willing to let the guy make payments. I got $250 from him and that left a balance of $1500. He never came back to work and I never saw him or the car again. I still have that title to remind me to get full payment up front on everything and trust no one.