gunrunner99

Think I got Scammed

7 posts in this topic

I am not sure on the new board how to post scam info. I sent a postal money order to a guy on the board who had a SCAR FDE parts kit for sale. He had posted several times and also a couple different adds. When I went to go find his add it was no longer there the email address he used was ggfit124@hotmail.com. Any help would be appreciated.

This was the original add but it doesn't let me post the link

Yes. That is a Scammer and you Definitely were Scammed. You must Always get Proof they actually have the item they are selling and you Must get References from this Board. Sorry you got taken… Hopefully, you and others will learn quickly from this very negative experience.

I Buy Original, German Factory, Post-Sample, HK 21E Machine Guns, Receivers and 21E Parts. Contact me if you have or know of any for sale.

Michael: Precision Technology: 07 FFL / Class 2 Mfg in AZ: pt72@mac.com

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Proud to be an NRA LifeEndowmentPatron and Benefactor member as well as remaining an NRA Golden Eagle for many years.

Give to the NRA each and every year until it Hurts!! We must be steadfast in protecting our precious Second Amendment Rights.

VOTE Every Election (city, county, state & federal) - the Life you Save may very well be your ownTM

*** Thank God We Defeated Hillary Clinton, the Treasonous Bull-Dyke Cunt ***

How did you make payment?

Where did he have you send the USPS MO?  Did you contact the police in that area?  You should be able to provide them with his "name" and mailing address at least.

Sorry but oftentimes the Police will take the info then do nothing...

I have actually had much better luck contacting the City or County Attorney's Office.  Twice over the years I had personal checks bounced on me at Gun Shows and twice where the Police did nothing, the local Prosecutor picked the case up on their own after talking to them on the phone.

Also used the Prosecutor's office to light a fire under one character's rear end on a forum sales board purchase.  Guy had my money for well over two months, went dark on me.  After he received a letter from his local DA, phone back pronto, profuse apologies and immediate shipment.

Depends on the area really and the demeanor of the Prosecutor's office but the Police tend to file these kind of complaints and do little else with them unless it's a really rural area.  Worse than that even if they do charge out the perp and get him convicted you rarely get made whole.  Scumbag gets a fine, restitution is ordered but the only thing that is collected is the fine as restitution then becomes a civil matter in most jurisdictions.

Just my own personal experience in these things...

Sucks!! Sorry to hear this!

13 hours ago, Jim B said:

Sorry but oftentimes the Police will take the info then do nothing...

I have actually had much better luck contacting the City or County Attorney's Office.  Twice over the years I had personal checks bounced on me at Gun Shows and twice where the Police did nothing, the local Prosecutor picked the case up on their own after talking to them on the phone.

Also used the Prosecutor's office to light a fire under one character's rear end on a forum sales board purchase.  Guy had my money for well over two months, went dark on me.  After he received a letter from his local DA, phone back pronto, profuse apologies and immediate shipment.

Depends on the area really and the demeanor of the Prosecutor's office but the Police tend to file these kind of complaints and do little else with them unless it's a really rural area.  Worse than that even if they do charge out the perp and get him convicted you rarely get made whole.  Scumbag gets a fine, restitution is ordered but the only thing that is collected is the fine as restitution then becomes a civil matter in most jurisdictions.

Just my own personal experience in these things...

I've had a car stolen and the cops did nothing. I kept the title and was willing to let the guy make payments. I got $250 from him and that left a balance of $1500. He never came back to work and I never saw him or the car again. I still have that title to remind me to get full payment up front on everything and trust no one.

2016-01-17%2018.51.12_zpsqunk3rlf.jpg