Chauchat barrel pictures

danh

Caveat, be careful about ammo, Balle D ammo(WWI) vs BALLE N ammo(WWII) ammo.  Parvi Partisan is Balle D spec ammo and will also work with with barrels marked with an N.  But Balle N ammo will not work if you have a WWI barrel that has not been converted to Balle N ammo specs, only Balle D ammo will work, just slip a round into the breech without closing the bolt, the round should go all the way in up to the rim, if not then the bolt may still slam the round in and fire but will not extract, after if cools you can usually extract by hand or else run a rod down the barrel to push out the brass.  It took me 20 years to figure this out even though I had the book,  old age, lots of spare time and experience with reloading is what it took for me to figure it out.  Also see this thread for more info about Chauchat:

http://www.machinegunboards.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24064&hl=%2Bballe+%2Bballe#entry214189

• Like 1