SPF WTS Thompson 1928A1 Auto Ordnance Bridgeport SPF

DZelenka

For Sale is a 1928A1 Thompson submachine gun manufactured by Auto Ordnance in Bridgeport, Conn. This is a WWII gun with what appears to be the original finish and original barrel. You can see from the WB (Inspector Waldemar Broberg) and Ordnance Wheel stamps on the left of the receiver that they cut through the finish. i.e. they were applied after the finish. The original barrel was manufactured by Savage and has a Serif P proof mark with punch in the style of Auto Ordnance built guns (Savage built guns have a sans Serif P proof mark). The receiver and grip frame have matching serial numbers.

Internally, all parts of the fire control group are stamped AOC (Auto Ordnance) except the trigger, disconnector and magazine latch which are Stevens (a subcontractor to both Auto Ordnance and Savage known for a squared S stamp). The knurled actuator and Blish lock are stamped AOC. The bolt and buffer spring guide are Savage manufacture and stamped with an S.  

The wood is in very good shape with no gouges. The fore-end is stamped with a D. The gun will also come with two butt stocks, one is of original design and the other is the reinforced version. Both were made by Savage and neither are original to the gun.

The gun is mechanically in great shape, with a good barrel (no bulges, no pits), and is very reliable. I can provide a video if you would like. I also have more pictures.

This Thompson is from my personal collection and is currently on a Form 4. I have filed a Form 4 to transfer it to my company (FFL/SOT) to get the ball rolling. Once approved, it can transfer from my company to the buyer’s dealer on an eForm 3 which only takes a couple days. If the purchaser has a C&R FFL, the gun can transfer directly from my trust to him on a Form 4 (I can cancel the pending transfer). The buyer is responsible for all taxes.

Purchase price for the gun is $29,995 plus shipping and insurance of $150.

My contact information is dan@dzelenkalaw.com or (504) 421-1323

I am willing to take 50% down and the balance when the stamp comes in.

IMG_9565.JPG

IMG_9567.JPG

IMG_9577.JPG

IMG_9580.JPG

IMG_9587.JPG

IMG_9589.JPG

IMG_9591.JPG

IMG_9597.JPG

IMG_9598.JPG

IMG_9599.JPG

IMG_9602.JPG

IMG_9575.JPG