Need help on ID leather barrel case?

I picked this up at a Military Surplus store near OFASTS this weekend. My first thought was 1917 or 1919 barrel case but it's a little long for that and two barrels would be rattling around in it.  It appears to have an Ordnance cartouche with "6" inside the wheel. Also marked "T-37" with an "A" cartouche.  Any idea what this case is for? Maps? Thanks in advance.

20210701_062724.jpg

20210701_062641.jpg

20210701_062731.jpg

I can't seem to find another example of this.  I'm not an expert but I can't see how this would be a telescope case as it's clearly oval and not round which made me think it could have been a case for a barrel.  Also with the Ordnance cartouche it made me lean towards something gun related. More pictures: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmWcYrAE

IMG_6069.JPG

IMG_6068.JPG

Finnish maxim barrel case.  Looks like the inserts are torn out.  There is a center steel guide support that had been riveted in and one at the bottom.  German barrels are just a tad too long to fit and close the lid fully.

Edited by johnsonlmg41