Docs

This is how you post pictures in your add. Its SIMPLE!

12 posts in this topic

You can go to www.tinypics.com or  www.photobucket.com

This is one of the easiest places to up load your pictures...
Click "browse" find your picture, double click on it, hit upload.
Copy and paste the link with IMG in the bar.
Just paste into your listing. That simple!!!
You might have to answer a question, or watch a 5 second video\advertisement to get a code, then enter the code.Its all right in front of you, will tell you where to enter code you will not have to change the page you are looking at.Its all about advertising $$$$$$...
No big deal!
This is what it should look like. I added spaces so you can see the link. Just copy and paste it as it gives it to you.

Tiny pics even says

"IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards"

[ img ]  http://i64.tinypic.com/34y7hqa.jpg  [ img ]

34y7hqa.jpg

Edited by Docs
2 people like this

From my cold dead hands!

Docs, that is a great looking belt-fed you have there!

Thanks for posting up the info on posting pictures for the one's who struggle with that stuff.

Here is a question for anyone that might have an answer: I have been using Photo Bucket for a long time and it works well, However more recently the site has been running really SLOW. I believe it is due to the ad's? Does anyone know how I can speed up each visit to get the URL link, the picture download goes smoothly, just not navigating thru all my pictures.

Thanks for any help.

HK21a.jpg

1 person likes this

Dennis Scheid: Owner of NFA Investments and www.investmentguns.com

FFL/SOT Class III (63) Dealer in Portland, OR. Since 2005 

Cell #’s 503-720-2280 or escheid@comcast.net

We specialize in Heckler & Koch weapons, Colt M16’s and Pre 86 Dealer Sample weapons.

All items posted for sale, are in our inventory and NFA items are on Form 3’s ready for transfer.

I noticed that about year back. 

Not sure? That's why I use tiny pic. 

From my cold dead hands!

I use tiny pic and photo bucket. I've had the same issues with both of them, more so with photo bucket.

Not sure what size files your uploading, if they're large files that may be an issue with why it takes so long to navigate. I generally resize everything to the size I need prior to uploading.

tiny pic is bare bones image hosting with no extras, that I know of, like the capability to edit your images whereas photo bucket does.

Best thing would be to give it a try and see how it works for you.

How do you post an ad

you just did??

From my cold dead hands!

How come its not an easy load like on other boards  Bullpup forum or ebay, you just click add and it pulls right from your own computer instead of some nonsense like tiny pic

13 minutes ago, g36kinnc said:

How come its not an easy load like on other boards  Bullpup forum or ebay, you just click add and it pulls right from your own computer instead of some nonsense like tiny pic

G36, you can post pictures that are stored in your computer, that is the good news.

Please take a look at Dave's original Post on this: "How to Post w/Pictures on the New Sturmgewehr.com Site" Here under Site Help and General Info.

it is the link on the bottom left when posting, it is labeled "Drag Files Here" and has a paper clip next to it. OK, now for the other news, the picture size needs to be smaller than a specific size, which can be done pretty quickly. Again, take a look at Dave's post and happy posting!

Dennis

We specialize in Heckler & Koch weapons, Colt M16’s and Pre 86 Dealer Sample weapons.

All items posted for sale, are in our inventory and NFA items are on Form 3’s ready for transfer.

Also note that Seaman / Corporals currently don't have any image hosting ... When the membership based levels are introduced folks with the appropriate level of membership will be able to upload images directly to the site.

Strange, that I see others with the rank of seaman /corporal posting pics but I can't post pics with same rank, 12 years on sturm and only a Corporal? 

It's all about the Benjamin's now boys    

From my cold dead hands!

1 hour ago, Docs said:

It's all about the Benjamin's now boys    

I am going to disagree with that statement, Dave, Andy and Buddy have done everything possible at No Cost and to keep us as safe as possible from scammers.

The new Sturm site is going to help facilitate their efforts. If you go back and look at the monthly folks that donate, to keep the site up and running, well let's just say it was rather    Pathetic. Most months there were only 10 - 14 of our names on the list, call it "regular donors" and that is no way to keep a quality site up and running.

As it was mentioned in an early post, these guys had many times been flipping the bill to pick up the slack out of their own pocket. 

Pretty much every other site (eBay, G.B, Guns America and the list goes on) it will cost you to place an ad. I am sure the cost to do business here will be Minimal, probably no more than I was sending every month anyway. There are a lot of folks that just visit the site to keep up with what's going on and that is still Free to do, just sign up :)

With that being said, Happy Posting and make some money!

1 person likes this