WTB: LAGE M-10/9 MK2 upper/complete!

theMexican

This guy (below is the link) selling his MAC with a Lage in the NFA Forum Section here on Sturm says he will part with the Lage for 2000 dollars.

That is a really high price for a Lage since they go on Gunbroker.com for 1000 -1200 all the time. You can buy one on Gunbroker for around a thousand when it comes up.

MAC-10's retail for 7500 to 8200, but only when they have been refinished or seen little use. The MAC in the link below is not refinished and needs to be taken to a gunsmith for sandblasting and some sort of new finish applied. (usually its no more than 200 dollars for a new finish)

If he sold his Lage for a normal market value of 1000 - 1200, and then sold the MAC for 7300 - 7700, then he will still be getting the asking price of 8500.  

Maybe you can convince him to sell his Lage for lower price?

Edited by MCinGA

Ive asked that guy already if his price is firm and his response was "yes"

I like you did the math and hes not seeing what you have spelled out in your post. Sell the MAC for the asking price and anything you get for the LAGE upper is all "profit" Or sell the MAC for the asking price with the LAGE and give it away??? Makes no sense at all. But its not mine to determine that type of train of thought. All this being said, sometimes I think people value their stuff without taking into consideration whats going on around them. The average price on here is about 1200.This is probably why all that stuff has been for sale for a while.

15 hours ago, MCinGA said:

This guy (below is the link) selling his MAC with a Lage in the NFA Forum Section here on Sturm says he will part with the Lage for 2000 dollars.

That is a really high price for a Lage since they go on Gunbroker.com for 1000 -1200 all the time. You can buy one on Gunbroker for around a thousand when it comes up.

MAC-10's retail for 7500 to 8200, but only when they have been refinished or seen little use. The MAC in the link below is not refinished and needs to be taken to a gunsmith for sandblasting and some sort of new finish applied. (usually its no more than 200 dollars for a new finish)

If he sold his Lage for a normal market value of 1000 - 1200, and then sold the MAC for 7300 - 7700, then he will still be getting the asking price of 8500.  

Maybe you can convince him to sell his Lage for lower price?

Ive asked that guy already if his price is firm and his response was "yes"

I like you did the math and hes not seeing what you have spelled out in your post. Sell the MAC for the asking price and anything you get for the LAGE upper is all "profit" Or sell the MAC for the asking price with the LAGE and give it away??? Makes no sense at all. But its not mine to determine that type of train of thought. All this being said, sometimes I think people value their stuff without taking into consideration whats going on around them. The average price on here is about 1200.This is probably why all that stuff has been for sale for a while.

Looks like you got it right.

I think most people do not want to undersell their stuff so they get really weird and do things that do not make sense. Class 3 stuff can make people skiddish since prices fluctuate pretty wildly as people under and over sell. Sometimes there doesn't seem to be a set price on something at the moment but you know in a year it'll be worth a lot more. It can literally drive some people crazy. 

I saw two Lage uppers on Gunbroker about  a month ago. One had a "Buy it Now" for 1200 and the other auctioned for around 950. Right now there's nothing for sale.

You just have to search by typing in "Lage" and "Mac" every couple of days for the next couple of months.

You got to make it a habit and eventually something will turn up tomorrow or in six months.