Gun prices dropping and stabilizing

So anyone else notice all the sales etc.  599 ar 15's.  Cmmg just called me with an order they told me 10 months for ready in 45 days from order.  Ammo still high as giraffe pu@@y but guns seem to have stabilized.   

Can't wait for my new 10mm cmmg banshee lightning link host!

Yes I did notice. I can't wait for ammo prices to drop back to normal.

I had 2 suppliers send dealer flyers.. meaning they are taking sales from dealers vs selling direct to customers. Of course ammo wasn't on those ads.

I’ve noticed that’s more and more guns are at my distributors but yeah Ammo is not there to get....and that’s what people want now. Now that I can get guns, no one is really looking for them. Gotta love being the little guy 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Got Uzi said:

Ryo-how do you get setup to go direct with CCI/Blazer and Federal? 

Sorry for the confusion, I bought as a regular guy. They are selling direct to customers.

I always find it crazy that I could buy ammo for a better deal as a private citizen than as a dealer from my distributors. PSA always beat their prices.. well at least until the craze started. Of course the only exception is when buying pallets worth of ammo.

27 minutes ago, Ryo said:

I always find it crazy that I could buy ammo for a better deal as a private citizen than as a dealer from my distributors. PSA always beat their prices.. well at least until the craze started. Of course the only exception is when buying pallets worth of ammo.

this

I was cut off from a couple distributors due to being a small business but at the same time I could get ammo with tax cheaper then they had it.  If they would just move the stuff vs sitting on a higher price it would be better for all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/07/2021 at 5:18 AM, JECIII said:

Ammo is back although 15 pct higher.  18.99 blaze brass 9mm at cabellas stacked to the gills.  5 box limit but now it out on the floor and they don't enforceit.  Everything but 22lr

I think it is partly the industry driving some of that but some falls on opportunistic retailers. I know smaller volume retailers don’t have the buying power of larger chains, but I am seeing $159 a brick for federal champion bulk at a local shop. I can’t imagine .22 is very lucrative for a manufacturer so maybe what we see hitting the shelves is NOS or something and retailers can’t afford to get stuck with inflated inventory. 

There is a decently large shop I frequented when I lived in Washington that would run a special on SB 115 9mm - 1,000 rounds for $95 out the door. The day after the Sandy Hook shooting, it was $45+tax a box. That isn’t increased replacement stock costs, that is trying to capitalize and hope no one realizes/remembers. It is a business so I am sure some degree of these shenanigans happened once the industry realized it could roll some profits into “global supply chain problems”.

It will be nice to see things stabilize because I am starting to run “low” on .22. 
Lee

• 3 weeks later...

Within the last month I've bought .380, 9mm, 45ACP, 223/5.56, and 7.62x39.

Paid a bit more than I wanted (I want to pay the same price 2 years ago), but they were way cheaper than half a year ago. Honestly the prices I paid I wasn't too much more. All of it I bought direct from Federal/CCI/Blazer. They go in and out of stock and have free shipping. The prices killed Palmetto's pricing, or any other place by at least $50.  If this keeps up I expect prices to drop.