Making a AR10 f/a

taylorwso

7 hours ago, JECIII said:

Not possible with gi autosear you have to modify it.  Easiest way is a lightning link.  If your an 07 can do it for you real easy with a gun and a post sample link.  We make post sample links.   

Yeah I've modded a dias into a auto sear before but dont want to deal with the that. I guess Ill mod a GI sear. If you have any tips you can IM me or email me.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

So I modded the gun, pretty easy. 

Welded about ,200" of 1095 to the end of the GI sear

Milled the bottom of the carrier so that the trip would clear the bcg and cut the bcg to trip at the correct time.  I did have to re weld the carrier once after I time the trip the opposite way it was supposed to be. oops

got bolt bounce problems but im running a UBR and super small buffer. I will get a new A5 stock and put hydro buffer in it with a flat spring.

Its a old parts gun but now its fun again

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SFG2017 said:

Are you running tungsten weights in the current buffer or do you know the weight?

I have a old slash buffer with tungsten but its the short one and doent have as much " buffering' as a normal ar10 buffer would.  I will update the weight later when I get a new receiver extension and new buffers.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, taylorwso said:

I have a old slash buffer with tungsten but its the short one and doent have as much " buffering' as a normal ar10 buffer would.  I will update the weight later when I get a new receiver extension and new buffers.

Thank you.  I would like to do a conversion of one eventually and having the info would save me some time.  I appreciate the help.

15 hours ago, SFG2017 said:

Thank you.  I would like to do a conversion of one eventually and having the info would save me some time.  I appreciate the help.

So i took it to the range again.  Used a flat wire spring form a short vltor stock and ran the slash buffer which is 5.4 oz. Ran fine but had either a hard primer or bolt bounce on one round of silver bear.

still going to get new stuff and try to slow it down more.

Edited by taylorwso
  • Like 1