Fall Creek is on.... But it's the last show ever...

Word is getting around on this so I am sure a lot of you know already.... But, it has been confirmed that the fall KCR show is on. Staff are informing people that this will be the last show "ever" that they have.... Sad....

I'll be there. If you plan on going get your affairs in order because it is going to be a mad house.

Aaron - Mohnton, Pa

Edited by Aaron in Mohnton Pa

It's likely going to be a mad house over there.. Everyone who procrastinated going for the first time will likely want to go, along with the regulars.

I want to go but too many obligations to get away. :(

On 6/10/2021 at 5:12 PM, Ryo said:

It's likely going to be a mad house over there.. Everyone who procrastinated going for the first time will likely want to go, along with the regulars.

I want to go but too many obligations to get away. :(

Many people have said this.   I think it will be busier than recent shows, but what will the attraction be to draw big crowds like 2007?   Cheap ammo, nope.  More MG parts, nope. Last chance blowout sales, nope.   Guys shooting 30% more than they did last time, nope.  I've enjoyed it a lot over the years and had some great "life experiences" there and will be there in fall but the reality of gun shows thriving is gone everywhere.  Things have changed and as Kenny has pointed out, he's not any younger.  Really about the only hope is that he sells out, someone takes it over and keeps it going? 

In over 20 years of going I've never been to a bad KCR show, all were good, some were stellar.  A few had lousy weather, but some of the stuff I picked up over the years would not have been possible, nor offered anywhere else.  There's been a knowledge base there under one roof that will never be replaced by any amount of keyboard typing or any website.  It's a place where you could talk to real people that have actually done that, and maybe have one at the table to explain visually, or walk over a couple tables and find it.

Where else can you "borrow" an M60 buttstock, because the guys with helicopter need to borrow an M60 to shoot, but you only brought your "D" gun setup.  You walk down a few tables and the guy with the $45K M60 for sale pulls off the minty buttstock an loans it out for 24 hrs. without even knowing my last name.  Those are the kind of people you meet at the Creek!

Done typing but I could go on for pages about the people that attend/attended  including the Gunny  RIP

Knob Creek Fall 2005 020.jpg

• Like 4

You hit the nail on the head as far as what the creek is for people. It’s the people and the way you help each other. SubGun Match-Gun goes down, next thing you know you have guys coming up “I got a gun and mags if you need them” or “let me grab my parts box and we will get that fixed” 

i remember one year at the Creek, id bought my M3 Grease Gun DEWAT earlier in the week and had a list of parts I needed. Found everything but a front guide rod plate. I’d been talking to a parts vendor and told him my list and he had everything but that plate. He apoligized that he couldn’t fulfill my needs. An hour later I have someone tap me on the shoulder...this dealer had gone to a few of his buddies and found me the plate! He hands it to me, told me to keep it as he was happy a young guy wanted to restore an M3 and enjoy it. That made a great impression on me and I still do my best to pay it forward. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, MontanaRenegade86 said:

As with all things in life, every good thing comes to an end.

Always wanted to go to KCR, but it is long drive from Montana. 

-KristopherH

That is what the waitress in Sheperdsville said to the guy from Norway.....is that a long drive?

Louisville has an airport, fedex, usps, ups and others deliver to MT.  Many vendors will also ship items after the show.  Somehow Hayes makes it to KY and back if he's still alive for other shows?  It can be done if one has the will.  There are people from out that way that attend and drive?  Lots of folks regret not going to woodstock because they thought there might be another one. LOL

• Like 1

I made it to the creek back in 94' when Ciener brought his minigun and rented it out. I gave him every penny I had in my wallet to shoot that gun. Gave his help my camcorder and when the line went quiet for a minute Jon said "Hit It" well I did and nothin'. Jonathan said " Oh I forgot to hook up the batteries" WTF. He got things powered up and shot my 500 rounds in like two seconds. A pile of brass on one side and a pile of links on the other side. I sometimes look at that recording and just smile away... Where can you shoot a minigun today?

3 hours ago, Aaron in Mohnton Pa said:

@har1690 , I have 2 miniguns. A Vietnam era GE gun and a modern Dillon Gun. We take them out a few times a year. Don't much care who shoots them, as long as they bring their own lake city ammo.

I wish I lived closer to your area!

It would be my first time going. Land in Louisville, stay the night at some hotel there, rent a car and drive at 7am to West Point on Friday. Leave Friday night back to Florida. 

Would it make sense to come back on Saturday or can you pretty much cover everything that one day?

I am just going to look at all the cool guns, maybe buy something if it isn't 30% over priced. 

• 3 weeks later...