Jeez, First time in over 20 years...just got a full box notice

I never realized how much Mike Todd and I messaged each other in the past. About 90% of my stored emails were from Mike. Now what to do? I don't want to trash these messages. Reading his old messages is like having him right here again. Kinda' bitter sweet.

If I wasn't so technologically impaired, I'd figure out a way to save these, but I don't know how.

Can someone explain to me how to save these? I really don't want to lose them.

Cheers,

R.L.

• Like 1

Man the information you guys must have exchanged must have been priceless. I wished I had met Mike earlier so I could pick his brain. 

For saving the messages I don't think there's a easy way of doing it.. or I've always found it annoying to do it.  here are the different methods:

1. Highlight the whole conversation and save it to the clipboard (Ctrl-S) and paste the conversation into Microsoft Word. Then save that file as what ever you want (such as topic).  You can concatenate multiple messages into the document if you want.

2. Press Control S on the browser your using. In my case I use Chrome. Issue with this method is that it will create a subfolder with the image from the page saved. A little annoying.  Also I found that if I try to open the saved file in Internet Explorer.. it freeze, hence that would means that it may not be 100% browser compatible (though I think it is an issue with my IE browser).

3. Screen Capture the messages into an image and save it to your computer.  Not the method I recommend since you would have to scroll the message and capture the next image. I would call this the worst case scenario..  Capturing of images would be show what you want to see on the browser and press Ctrl PrtScn, then you need to open Paint program (comes with Windows) and past that image in it.  Then save the file.  If your running Windows 10, I believe you skip using Paint program and tell it to save directly to a file (I'm not on a Win10 system right now so I can't check the steps).

4. There is other ways.. like downloading Chrome addon like SingleFile which can download the whole page as a single file (https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/singlefile/mpiodijhokgodhhofbcjdecpffjipkle?hl=en

If you need more details, I can give you step by step later. I don't know your skill level with computers.

Maybe another member has a better way.

R.L., I'm not sure what you are rockin' for an operating system, but...

If you have Windows, you should be able to Print to PDF. 

Here's how I do it in Windows 10...

• Open the message
  • Hit Ctrl + P for the print function
  • Select Save as PDF in the Destination dropdown menu
  • Find the location where you want to put it (Desktop, thumbdrive, Download folder, etc.)
  • Name it
  • Hit Save
  • Make sure that it saved what I wanted and where I wanted it

You can try it out with this thread and see if it will work for you.

Cheers and Have a Great Day!

-KristopherH

Good point Kristopher.  Print to PDF is a good idea (sometimes called "Save to PDF"), I forgot to suggest that, but note that sometimes printing to PDF doesn't always print correctly and can have bad formatting. It drives me nuts so I usually end up doing the copy to Word doc method.  That being said I think Sturm will save to PDF just fine.

Here's what it looks like in Google Chrome on a Windows 10 system.

.oPaYFGu.png

5 hours ago, Ryo said:

Print to PDF is a good idea (sometimes called "Save to PDF"), I forgot to suggest that, but note that sometimes printing to PDF doesn't always print correctly and can have bad formatting.

Great point. Sometimes the formatting is pretty hideous with this Print/Save to PDF method. :D 

-KristopherH